QA Squad Leader
Operations – Quality Assurance
Who we are
TFG is the largest mobile game company in Latin America, and one of the largest in the world. In 8 years, we have released over 70 games, including hits such as Sniper 3D, the leading FPS game on App Store and Google Play Store, and Colorfy, the world's most popular coloring app. Our games have been downloaded 1 billion times in 125 countries. The team started with two brothers, and now there are around 320 of us – and counting. To build the very best mobile games, we gather exceptional talent in software engineering, art and animation, product design and management, marketing, and data science.
About the Team
Our Quality Assurance team plays a critical role in the development cycle of the game. Working closely with game designers and developer, backend and tools engineers, the team is tasked with ensuring the quality of our games by mixing manual and automated tests. Being up to date with some of the best tools and testing techniques, our team is focused on improving our processes on each sprint, thus seeking to be a reference to the industry. We are a strong, motivated, and collaborative team, working like a fast, self-organized, and with an out-of-the-box thinking entity. Our quality work is our pride!
About the Role
TFG Co is searching for a QA Squad Leader who’ll take care of the well-being and professional growth of his/her team, and coach them to become their best. This professional is accountable for ensuring that the team will be able to attend the demand of the games they take care of and is also the point of contact between the Lead Developer and QA Analysts.
More about you
- Excellent soft skills;
- You have a creative mindset and the ability to approach a problem creatively;
- Passionate by games;
- Ability to think in the abstract and see how small details fit into the bigger picture;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- A meticulous approach to work;
- You have an ownership mindset, are proactive and hands-on;
- You are ambitious and seek for self-development.
What you’ll do
- Supervise and evaluate the work of the QA Analysts from your squad and help them develop technically and personally;
- Have constant contact with the Lead Developers of the games which are being tested and understand the demands and set priorities;
- Have also constant contact with other Squad Leaders to help identify the requirements and priorities of the area as a whole;
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of the test plans executed by the members of your team;
- Make status reports of the tests that are running;
- Get involved in test cycles.
Fundamentally you'll be tasked with building and developing an amazing team, and with leading your team to hit ambitious targets.
What you'll need
- Experience with people management;
- Experience in performing functional tests;
- Practice in investigation and reporting of complex bugs;
- Ability in the design of test cases;
- Experience with programming, ideally in automation or in the development of electronic games;
- Basic knowledge in database query;
- Graduated in courses related to computing and games, such as Games Design, Digital Games, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Analysis, and Development, among others;
- Intermediate English.
- Mobile testing on real devices in iOS/Android native apps/games;
- Knowledge of the game industry;
- Knowledge of tools such as Jira and HP ALM;
- Certifications of software testing.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.