Backend Engineer - AdTech
Engineering – Backend Engineering
Who we are
TFG is the largest mobile game company in Latin America, and one of the largest in the world. In 8 years, we have released over 70 games, including hits such as Sniper 3D, the leading FPS game on App Store and Google Play Store, and Colorfy, the world's most popular coloring app. Our games have been downloaded 1 billion times in 125 countries. The team started with two brothers, and now there are around 320 of us – and counting. To build the very best mobile games, we gather exceptional talent in software engineering, art and animation, product design and management, marketing, and data science.
About the Team
Adtech backend engineers are responsible for defining the architecture and implementing systems with high availability and scalability which interact with different ad networks and are essential to distribute our games. To achieve a world-class advertising operation, we work with a broad technology stack and have a mindset of being fully responsible for our systems, from their conception to incident resolution and troubleshooting in production. We are always collaborating with other teams to provide the best return for our marketing investments.
About the Role
TFG Co is searching for software engineers to join our adtech team. We seek an engineer with robust programming and systems design knowledge. Since we are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.As an adtech backend engineer, you'll work directly with marketing, data science, and data engineering teams to develop a world-class user acquisition platform. You'll play a fundamental role in making our games reach the next billion people by powering the allocation of a massive marketing budget through technology. We'll need you to understand our marketing pipeline and work in close collaboration both within the team and with different parts of the organization to design secure, resilient systems with great usability and performance.
More about you
- Metrics focused. We are metrics oriented, and our advertising servers and systems have a high impact on the performance of our games. You have an analytical mindset and focus on ensuring high visibility to your clients. You aim for a top-level system design, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
- High scale and low-latency. You are excited about the challenges brought by the large scale and low-latency requirements. You thrive when discussing the architecture and best practices of such systems and has excellent attention when developing its internals to ensure an efficient and easily maintainable code.
- Bleeding edge. You are curious and like to study new technologies, test new solutions, and measure the impact brought by changes. We want to ensure we are using the best stack possible.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain reliable, secure, and scalable technology to run user acquisition.
- Work with data science, data engineering, and marketing to increase volume and ROI by using technology.
- Guarantee exceptional visibility and control in our advertising operation.
- Maintain the company at the cutting edge of advertising technology.
- Detect and fix problems in production environment.
- Contribute to the best practices of development, reliability, and availability of our systems.
- Handle high volumes of data in real-time systems.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of computer science concepts (data structures, networking, concurrency, memory management, algorithm analysis, etc.).
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgres.
- Experience solving problems and optimizing the performance of APIs.
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with a high volume of requests.
- Experience developing systems in the Adtech ecosystem.
- Business knowledge about advertising operations.
- 3+ years of software development professional experience.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.