Manager - Adtech
Engineering – Backend Engineering
Who we are
TFG is the largest mobile game company in Latin America, and one of the largest in the world. In 8 years, we have released over 70 games, including hits such as Sniper 3D, the leading FPS game on App Store and Google Play Store, and Colorfy, the world's most popular coloring app. Our games have been downloaded 1 billion times in 125 countries. The team started with two brothers, and now there are around 320 of us – and counting. To build the very best mobile games, we gather exceptional talent in software engineering, art and animation, product design and management, marketing, and data science.
About the Team
Adtech backend engineers are responsible for defining the architecture and implementing systems with high availability and scalability which interact with different ad networks and are essential to distribute our games. To achieve a world-class advertising operation, we work with a broad technology stack and have a mindset of being fully responsible for our systems, from their conception to incident resolution and troubleshooting in production. We are always collaborating with other teams to provide the best return for our marketing investments.
About the Role
TFG Co is searching for an engineering manager to join our tech team. On the technical side, you'll need to understand our marketing pipeline and make decisions about bigger systems design themes, such as when to build sustainable, high-impact projects and when to ship things quickly and with quality. You'll play a fundamental role in making our games reach the next billion people by guiding and developing highly-skilled engineers and working closely with other managers and leaders to improve our processes and ensure we have a world-class engineering organization.
More about you
- Team focused. You believe in influencing through developing relationships over-exercising authority. You always look for improving your team's health, for example, by balancing operational responsibilities with development.
- Technically skilled. You have in-depth knowledge about systems design and have built a career focused on studying how to design, maintain, and monitor highly scalable systems. You are happy when you contribute to planning and design discussions.
- Having the best engineers is key to scaling. We look for leaders that thrive when hiring the best engineers and promoting their growth. You believe in providing continuous, thoughtful feedback and in recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
What you’ll do
- On a daily basis:
- Participate in and guide the development of scalable technology to run user acquisition;
- Guarantee the team engineers' happiness and productivity;
- Attract and retain talent.
- On a weekly basis:
- Conduct 1:1s with the backend team engineers;
- Plan team activities and engineers' allocation;
- Report status to the director (what was delivered in the previous week and what will be delivered next);
- On a quarterly basis:
- Set the team's goals aligned with the company's OKRs.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- 5+ years of software development professional experience;
- Experience managing teams of at least 5 people.
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with a high volume of requests;
- 8+ years of software development professional experience;
- Experience managing teams with 10+ engineers and being responsible for creating a team from scratch;
- Project management;
- Experience developing systems in the Adtech ecosystem;
- Business knowledge about advertising operations
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.