Senior Data Scientist — Product Insights
Tech – Data Science
TFG is one of the leading mobile game developers in the world. In eight years, our products have been downloads over 1.4 billion times. We aspire to be best-in-class in each of our major disciplines: Product, Engineering, Art, Marketing, and Data & Analytics. That is why we have decided to have teams in multiple locations, starting with San Francisco and Dublin — along with our headquarters in São Paulo, Brazil.
The Product Insights team plays a fundamental role in our product development process. Our data scientists use terabytes of data from several sources to provide answers to our most pressing questions: What drives our players' behavior? What features should we implement in our games? How can we estimate the impact of the changes we deploy to our products?
Data scientists at TFG are full stack. They understand the business context of their work, conceptualize solutions, extract and prepare data, develop models, write production-ready code, deploy algorithms and track their performance.
What you will do
- Develop analyses and models to help us solve essential challenges in product development
- Build tools that help TFG turn data into actionable insight
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and other data scientists to help TFG make the best and most successful mobile game in the world
- Work in a challenging and fun environment to produce exceptional results
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a data scientist or machine learning engineer on technically challenging problems
- Your knowledge of statistics and machine learning is both broad and deep
- You combine technical knowledge and business savvy
- You have great coding skills, and are familiar with scripting languages (Python, R), distributed computing (Spark, Presto or Hive) and version control (Git)
- You communicate in a clear and effective way in different media
- You are an excellent teammate and raise those around you up
- Plus: previous experience with product analytics