Software Engineer - Platform
SF Bay Area /
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company and Vogue, THE YES is revolutionizing ecommerce by creating a highly differentiated and personalized experience for consumers. Using sophisticated AI and web tech, our store learns customer tastes and gets smarter as they shop, while providing the largest selection of name-brand fashion products in the world at the guaranteed best price online.
Our team of technologists from Stitch Fix, Groupon, Google, Microsoft, Pinterest and more has raised $40M in venture funding and is growing. Come join the fun!
Goal of Job
You will be responsible for the underlying platform that powers the next generation shopping experience. This entails solving challenging problems around data ingestion and normalization, storage, search and indexing, serving. We believe that the platform for the future is built on cloud native technologies, is built from the ground to be multi-channel and intelligent, and is architected for speed, scale and maintainability. You will be part of a team bringing this vision to life.
- Design, architect, deploy and manage multiple backend services around ingestion, normalization, search, serving
- Lay the foundation for a backend platform that allows fast iteration
- Build the systems to ensure best in class uptime and responsiveness for these systems
- B.S. Computer Science/Engineering or related technical discipline with 4+ years experience building highly robust services
- Experience with building services in Go/Java/Python/Node.js
- Experience with GCP/AWS and technologies like Kubernetes/Functions/Containers
- Experience with using CI/CD, automated testing, monitoring tools
- Experience with SQL and noSQL databases (like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and HBase)
- Passion for building highly scalable, robust, and responsive applications
- Critical thinking - we use judgement in making key decisions, we are innovative and deep thinkers, we are deliberate and produce high quality work
- Helpfulness and transparency - we support each other by providing context and feedback, we operate with respect towards our customers, partners and team, we are open to giving and receiving feedback with the intention of improving how we function
- Operate as an owner - we are deeply invested in the success of the company and its customers, we do what’s right, not what’s easy, we spend carefully and know that any success is tied to what is best for our customers
- Pronto - we operate with a sense of urgency, have a GSD mentality, we are open to change as business needs evolve, and we embody grit and tenacity