Kearny Point, NJ
Technology – Physics /
About Thea Energy:
Thea Energy is leveraging recent breakthroughs in stellarator physics and engineering to create a faster and simpler approach to commercializing fusion energy. The company is reinventing the stellarator using computer-controlled arrays of planar coils thereby replacing the intricate, complex modular magnets required in all other stellarator architectures. Thea Energy is on a mission to create a limitless source of zero emission energy for a sustainable future.
Thea Energy is looking for an experienced, highly motivated scientist to help develop its core fusion technologies. This candidate will interact with the Company’s engineers, scientists, and management to develop the design its stellarator systems. As part of a rapidly growing team, you’ll be part of the organizational build-up of a leading fusion energy company. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and must be able to move quickly. The Thea Energy team is comprised of self-motivated, creative, and fun individuals with an excitement for solving complex problems.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Perform various physics analysis and simulation tasks
- Translate physics basis into system engineering specifications and parameters
- Work with a core team of scientists and engineers to ensure that primary fusion systems are consistent with program goals and milestones
- Stay up to date with the latest scientific and technological advances
- Initiate and maintain collaborations with the academic community
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Ideal Experience & Skillsets:
- Strong grasp of plasma theory and ability to apply knowledge via system design and analysis
- Experience working with stellarators, tokamaks, or other forms of magnetic confinement fusion (fusion experience is preferred but not required and applicants with experience working in a similar highly technical industry (e.g. aerospace) will be considered)
- Ability to work through and solve highly complex physics and engineering problems
- Ability to function autonomously and as part of a team across multiple work streams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to execute and flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional work ethic
- Innate desire to learn and innovate
- PhD in physics, mathematics, mathematical physics, or related fields
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision)
- Employee equity stock options
- Open vacation policies
- Work-life balance
It’s not necessary to meet all of the skillsets outlined above. Please feel free to send us a note and tell us why you would still be a great fit for this role or Thea Energy.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Thea Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a company of diverse backgrounds. By creating a diverse environment, we will bring new ideas and approaches to solving some of the world’s hardest (and most important) problems. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, family or marital status, age, disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations.