Associate Podcast Producer
The Athletic is a subscription-based media publisher of smarter sports coverage for die-hard fans. Founded in 2016, The Athletic’s full-time writers, alongside talented contributors and freelancers, have produced thousands of in-depth articles for subscribers free of ads, pop-ups and auto-play videos. With existing coverage in 45 markets and counting across North America, The Athletic is officially expanding into the United Kingdom. Our employees are talented reporters, writers, editors, engineers, designers, marketers, brand strategists and more, who are committed to helping sports fans fall in love with the sports page again.
About the Role
The Athletic is looking for podcast producers to join our growing Audio team as we build the premier sports audio product. You will help us launch the next wave of The Athletic’s sports podcasts and work closely with our management, editorial and audio teams to manage scaling of our audio product.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day pre and post production of shows in coordination with producers and executive producers
- Manage weekly recording, editing and publishing schedules for editorial team, hosts and producers
- Prepare rundowns, prep hosts and editorial staff for shows
- Cut audio tracks, add music, sound effects and other creative elements
- Offer feedback and post show notes to hosts
- Contribute to social media accounts and listener engagement
- Ability to work remotely or on-site and co-ordinate with editorial staff based on individual schedules (including some evenings, nights)
- Some administrative, data analysis tasks as needed
- 2 years experience in radio, podcast or other audio/video environment
- Proficiency with audio editing (Adobe Audition)
- Creative experience to produce an engaging, high quality product
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- Proficiency with a range of social media
- Live sports event audio production experience a plus
The Company is backed by Founders Fund, Evolution Media, Courtside Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Bedrock Capital, Advancit Capital, Y Combinator, and other leading investors. The Athletic is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.