Sr. Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Technology – Engineering
The Baby Box Co. is about much more than babies and boxes—we improve outcomes for infants and children by supporting parents in a way no other company can. We educate them with video parenting courses vetted by healthcare professionals, and reward their participation with useful products, including high quality Baby Boxes designed for safe sleep. Most importantly, we anticipate parents’ needs, delivering information and products timed to their child’s life stage. By providing support throughout the parenting journey, we help moms, dads and caregivers parent confidently, so their kids can continue to thrive.
Similar to bassinets, Baby Boxes were pioneered in Finland as part of a mother-infant healthcare program. The Baby Box Co. was the first to bring this innovation to the U.S.
By offering free parenting education courses from healthcare experts, and giving out Baby Boxes free for participation, The Baby Box Co. helps make the world safer for kids while making a positive impact across the economic spectrum.
We are taking our program of education with rewards to the national level and growing rapidly as a content provider, while also expanding our healthcare and product manufacturer partnerships.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Sr. Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will work with product to build next generation education products at scale. This individual knows what it takes to create great consumer facing applications and data systems.
- Design and build APIs and event-oriented software in a high-traffic environment
- Develop systems to power the education and ecommerce platform for The Baby Box Co.
- Build a high-volume data management API and asynchronous data processor for our learning management system
- Troubleshoot and debug code
- Scale our platform to millions of users across 3 countries
- Google Cloud SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Google Cloud Platform/AppEngine
- EDUCATION: CS Degree or related field or equivalent experience
- EXPERIENCE: 4+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Firebase, MongoDB, Redis
- Understanding of scalable distributed systems, event-driven architectures, stream and batch data processing
- Must communicate effectively in English with team members, managers, and people in other areas of the organization in a fast-paced startup environment.
WHY Baby Box Company?
The Baby Box Co. is committed to creating a safer world for all kids by giving every parent access to free educational resources and quality products. You’ll be able to see your work make a genuine difference for parents and kids nationwide while joining a company with significant growth potential. With our most recent round of venture funding, we are growing into a national brand and expanding rapidly in the arenas of online content, partner marketing and social impact. We offer extremely competitive salaries, a vibrant work environment and a team committed to our common goal.