Nordstrom Ambassador (LOCAL MELROSE)
Los Angeles, CA
**PLEASE NOTE: In this position you would be representing The Black Tux as a Nordstrom employee in Local Melrose. Candidates for this opening will be reviewed by The Black Tux and then forwarded to Nordstrom for further review.
The Black Tux is a formal wear rental company changing the rental game by designing and manufacturing modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time. We started as ecommerce and we’ve taken our tuxes to select Nordstrom locations!
We’re looking for a The Black Tux Ambassador within our Nordstrom [Park Meadows] to join our growing team. The Ambassador plays an integral role in supporting the foundation for our showroom business and partnership inside Nordstrom.
What You'll Do
- Being the face of The Black Tux within Nordstrom, ambassadors have an immediate and direct impact on the success of the business
- Provide an exceptional fitting appointment from appointment booking, look/s styling & setup, and check out
- Demonstrate menswear knowledge and The Black Tux product knowledge and to understand customer need and translate that into expert style advice
- Focus on communicating The Black Tux values and brand philosophy to new and returning customers
- Contribute innovative ideas to support a seamless showroom experience within Nordstrom Partner with the Nordstrom department manager and The Black Tux partners to address customer feedback, suggestions or concerns
- Demonstrate personal accountability to achieve your showroom goals
- Be a great team player by doing your part to keep the department ready for its close-up, including stocking, re-merchandising and display
Who You Are
- You’re excited to work in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced startup environment
- You're experienced with customers and motivated to help them through the rental process from start to finish
- You love being organized and have an eye for the details
- You place high value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You build great relationships with customers and co-workers through stellar communication and follow-through
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about fashion, high energy, and eager to learn
- You embrace a flexible schedule based on department and store needs.
- You have proficiency in MS Office Suite - including Excel, Macbook, and Google Platforms
- You are tech-savvy and know your way around basic computer systems
- Preferably have previous menswear experience
- Preferably have a high school diploma or equivalent
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.