Santa Monica, CA
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
As a Product Designer, you will take on a pivotal role in shaping the user experience for our customers and our internal stakeholders. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you will interface with Product, Design, and Engineering to conceptualize, design, and prototype key user flows and interactions in order to implement the most beautiful and usable interfaces that drive successful business outcomes. Our Design team lives and breathes user-centered process to create the best possible end-to-end experience for our users. We can be scrappy when we need to be, though we are always focused on quality and impact.
What You'll Do
- Work on the entire lifecycle of the product: research, user flows, prototyping, high fidelity comps, and collaborate with engineers on implementation.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, analysts, and other designers to produce comprehensive interface solutions that drive business results.
- Work with the design team to build a design system and establish processes and best practices.
- Create cross-platform flows that take into account the experience on all devices: phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in our products and process and take the initiative to provide solutions.
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience as a product designerBA/BS degree in graphic design, design communication, human-computer interaction, or related a plus
- You’ve designed and shipped web and/or mobile products.
- Experience specific to e-commerce is a big plus.
- Ability to create detailed and comprehensive information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and screen flows
- Software expertise with Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Experience using wireframing and prototyping tools, such as Invision, Omnigraffle, Framer, or Principle. A solid understanding of HTML and CSS. Coding experience is a plus.
- You approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Thorough with special attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills: can brainstorm with a group, articulate ideas, and tease out feedback from colleagues.
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog Friendly Office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Parking
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Open vacation time
- Stocked Kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Quarterly team outings
- Company Happy Hours
- Free suit rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.