Senior FP&A Analyst
The Black Tux is reinventing formal wear so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. We design and manufacture modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free.
In this role, you’ll support the strategic financial goals of the Company by collaborating with business leaders across the organization to understand, create and incorporate short and long term goals into our financial operating plan. You will accomplish this through planning & budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting. This role will also partner with operational components of the business, such as warehouse operations, customer care, retail, and merchandising & planning, to support their financial goals. You will report to the VP of Finance and work closely with senior business leaders to support key decision making across the business and resource planning.
What You'll Do
- Build, refine, and maintain the financial operating model in support of our annual plan, periodic reforecasts, and long-range plan
- Maintain a rolling monthly forecast that will enable senior business leaders to make effective strategic decisions
- Partner with Marketing and Data teams on demand monitoring and forecasting, constantly refining approach over time
- Partner with operational components of the business to establish, refine, and monitor financial metrics to support efficiencies and margin cost savings
- Perform investment return analyses such as IRR and NPV, and other ad-hoc financial analysis to support business decisions
- Track and report on actual vs. plan, working with department leaders to understand key variances to plan
- Assist with presentation materials for board, investor, lender, and internal ad-hoc meetings
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in FP&A, strategic finance, investment banking, and/or consulting
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business related field
- Experience building and managing dynamic, bottoms-up financial models
- Strong understanding of unit economics, margin analysis, working capital, cash flow forecasting, and proficient understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work and collaborate cross functionally with various departments and with a multicultural workforce
- Ability to synthesize, present, and communicate information and analysis to senior business leaders
- Advance skills and continued development in Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, and other FP&A software
- Healthy curiosity to understand all aspects of the business and underlying drivers
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our full-time employees receive stock options and have a stake in the company
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
The Senior FP&A Analyst role is remote.
The base salary for this position will be $115,000 - $135,000, but the actual compensation may vary based on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and location. The Black Tux defines compensation plans using market data aligned with comparable companies at a similar stage and size as ours.
This position also qualifies incentive based compensation which may include a performance based bonus and/or incentive stock options. The Black Tux also offers unlimited PTO on top of generous company holidays, including a winter break at the end of each year.
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.