Gardena, CA /
Talent & People /
The Black Tux is reinventing formal wear so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. We design and manufacture modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free.
We're hiring an HR Coordinator who is passionate about helping people! This role will assist newly hired employees in their first days, ensure compliance with our safety measures, and answer employee questions. This role is highly collaborative and partners closely with a variety of warehouse and operational teams. This is a full-time, on-site role at our Gardena, CA Warehouse.
What You'll Do
- Support onboarding and guide new hires through system and benefit enrollment, to support new hires transition into The Black Tux.
- Coordinates various new hire processes such as I-9 compliance, employee badging and new hire kits.
- Respond to employee inquires, questions and requests
- Support payroll and IT teams with Time Off Requests and systems support.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of employee personnel files and conversations.
- Ensure employee electronic files are accurate and updated, and assist with HR reporting and audit requests.
- Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, packages and vendor deliveries.
- Report any incidents, suspicious activity, and work related injuries.
- Routinely visit departments across the operation to do check in’s and maintain presence with the teams.
- Coordinate and execute on weekly employee events, lunches and office/kitchen supply orders.
- Assist with the creation of, documentation, and implementation of human resources policies, programs, and processes.
- Provide information, guidance and direction on HR policies, programs, and processes to employees and managers.
- Support the recruitment team with staffing-related support activities.
- Be an ambassador of our cultural values in all day-to-day interactions.
- Liaison with our partnering agencies on day to day operations and reporting safety incidents.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned.
Who You Are
- 1-2 years experience in HR, Warehouse / Distribution background is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- Strong problem-solving skills demonstrated through success diagnosing problems using data, reasoning clearly and determining viable solutions, and remaining flexible in those solutions’ implementation
- Computer proficient, preferable in MacBook and G-Suite
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attentive to detail and organized both independently and when working in a group
- Extremely flexible with change and remains calm under pressure
- Approachable and curious to learn about employees of all backgrounds
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Weekly catered lunches
- Stocked Kitchen & pantry
- All the equipment you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
The HR Coordinator role is based onsite at our Gardena, CA warehouse.
The base salary for this position will be $60,000 - $70,000, but the actual compensation may vary based on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and location. The Black Tux defines compensation plans using market data aligned with comparable companies at a similar stage and size as ours.
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.