Inventory Control Area Manager
Gardena, CA /
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online or in one of our showrooms, and delivered for free.
As Inventory Control Area Manager will possess excellent problem solving, communication, and leadership skills. You will be responsible for overseeing multiple leads and the production, quality, and safety of our Inventory Control, Receiving, and Supplies departments. You will report directly to the Inventory Control Manager, you will work closely with Industrial Engineers, Operations, and other Area Managers to improve current inventory accuracy, processes, and procedures.
What you will do
- Own reporting and metrics for receiving, put-away, inventory control teams to track inventory account progress and discrepancies
- Communicate and solve for reported inventory issues quickly and effectively across operation departments to ensure stable inventory levels
- Work cross-functionally to understand unanticipated barriers for associates and communicate those impacts on performance to designated area managers
- Strategically partners with order fulfillment team for items in high demand either during peak season or orders stuck in our ATP system
- Determine short term and long term shift plans for department labor needs based on project backlog and upcoming volume levels
- Adapt to shift plans daily and seasonally to reflect accurate production goals based on arrived headcount for both inventory control and receiving departments
- Advocate for quality using performance management to prevent losses by holding teams accountable for accurate reporting
- Monitor associate’s attendance, behavior, and production and provide on the spot coaching according to the company’s policies and procedures
- Engage associates on the floor and in roundtables to identify obstacles and implement improvement ideas
- Mentor, develop, and motivate a team of Leads and Associates to ensure the highest level of production
- Partner with IT and Engineering teams to seek operational improvements.
- Audit warehouse supplies weekly and place orders to maintain efficient levels for operational excellence
- Uphold and support all OSHA regulations and safety programs to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
Who You Are
- 3+ years as a warehouse lead or supervisor required
- Uses Excel or Google sheets to manipulate data from separate sources, V-Lookup and Pivot Tables are a must
- Available to work overtime during peak seasons and other times during the year as needed.
- Passionate about maintaining quality in distribution
- Curious and excited to bring forward new ideas
- A self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively
- Warehouse systems: HighJump, Lean, and 5S is a plus
- Experience using data tools such as Tableau or Mode is a plus
- Inventory Control or Receiving department experience preferred
Perks & Benefits
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Weekly catered lunches
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Stocked Kitchen & pantry
- Employee events and recognitions
- Free suit rentals
The Inventory Control Area Manager role is based onsite.
The base salary for this position is $72,000 - $76,000, but the actual compensation may vary based on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and location. The Black Tux defines compensation plans using market data aligned with comparable companies at a similar stage and size as ours.
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities. Our people are the most important asset to us.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.
In compliance with the OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard, COVID-19 proof of vaccination is required for on-site employees as a condition of employment.