New York or Remote /
Revenue Operations /
Welcome to The Block. Founded in 2018, with employees across the world, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ time zones, covering the global crypto space 24/7.
At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets. The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
On a day-to-day basis, the Operations Associate works hand-in-hand with the company’s Chief Revenue Officer and is responsible for ensuring the execution of the CRO’s agenda — a job that includes the flow of information to and from the CRO and ensuring that the CRO is always prepared and rarely surprised. This person’s primary duties include making time, information, and decision-making more effective for the CRO and senior executives. This person will help the CRO implement long-term strategic changes while simultaneously driving short-term operational efficiencies and results. The ideal candidate is highly organized, nimble, likes to move quickly, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Meet with the CRO daily to ensure proper preparation and prioritization for all meetings on the calendar
- Attend C-level meetings with the CRO as well as meetings with direct reports. Take notes and execute against agreed-upon tasks in follow-up
- Prioritize, delegate, and complete work on behalf of the CRO
- Plan effective meetings on behalf of CRO by drafting agendas, building decks, gathering action items, sending detailed follow-up, etc.
- Add structure and process for better communication within the office of the CRO
- Support the CRO to ensure effective communication with the CEO, other members of the C-Suite, the CRO’s direct reports, and the broader company
- Execute special projects or initiatives on behalf of the CRO or the broader company
- Work with CRO’s direct reports outside for 1:1s to ensure proper follow-up and execution
- Assist in planning team-wide events and culture initiatives
- Based in Eastern Time; preferably within easy access to Washington DC and/or New York City
- 1 - 2 years of professional experience
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong EQ and comfortable communicating with stakeholders internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to distill complex problems into easy-to-understand briefings
- Commitment to continuous self and organizational improvement
- Desire to build a career in the startup and/or digital asset space
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated - with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership.
We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.