New York, NY /
Full-time or part-time
Working at The Block is one of the most enjoyable, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you’ll have in your career. We are on the frontier of one of the most thrilling ecosystems in technology and money: cryptocurrency, blockchain and digital assets.
The Block is “The first and final word in digital assets.” We provide critical news, insights, research and analysis to companies, professionals and enthusiasts who need high signal information in a noisy, confusing and rapidly evolving ecosystem. In less than a year, The Block has grown to more than 1M monthly views and reaches the most impactful decision-makers in the digital asset world.
What we need
We are launching a retail product, The Block Daily, to complement our institutional research brand, Genesis. The premium Genesis brand differentiates The Block from mainstream financial media and traditional crypto media. Genesis encompasses community chat, events, analyst sessions and more. The Genesis product is off to a tremendous start with significant early growth despite little organic and no paid marketing. The Block Daily will offer robust news and analysis on a daily basis that is exclusive and differentiated from the information available for free across numerous publications.
As Marketing Manager at The Block, you will provide marketing input and the potential to provide leadership across all aspects of our product and growth marketing. You will work with our CEO and leadership team on Genesis and Daily user acquisition and growth, product marketing and brand development. In conjunction with company leadership, you will inform which strategy, tools and tactics to employ to achieve and report on our key marketing and company objectives. The primary initial goal will be to attract members to The Block’s new premium product, The Block Daily, while continuing the growth of The Block Genesis.
You will communicate with leadership and the entire company -- as well as develop a process to communicate with our customers and users -- in order to ensure we are delivering the best products and experiences to the market. Your strategic thinking and business acumen will be invaluable in this role. And your ability to convey your ideas publicly will be important, as The Block is a high profile organization that receives numerous requests for public appearances, knowledge sharing, and community interaction.
As Marketing Manager, you will...
- Work with our CEO and leadership team to grow the company’s paid The Block Daily and Genesis membership businesses into the leading information products in digital assets
- Develop a strong core growth model and execute daily on top notch growth, retention and engagement strategies
- Ensure the company’s free The Block products are optimized to act as a strong top of funnel for our Genesis product
- Build on the company’s existing brand and positioning to ensure that it is effective, consistent and representative of our work and mission
- Recommend and work to implement the best marketing stack, tools and infrastructure based on key factors including effectiveness, usability, cost, flexibility and more
- Be the company’s internal evangelist for thoughtfully considering marketing costs, trade-offs and capabilities in key business, product and editorial decisions
- Build strong customer feedback and community input processes, while being responsive to feedback from all stakeholders, in conjunction with the CEO and Director of Operations
- Develop, monitor and meet / exceed key KPIs on marketing acquisition and retention, free to paid conversion, engagement, brand awareness and other key performance indicators
- Communicate The Block’s marketing strategy, successes, decisions and challenges to all stakeholders internally and externally
- Be an external-facing voice for The Block, which is a high profile organization in the digital asset ecosystem
We look for teammates who have….
- The ability to develop a sophisticated growth and acquisition engine, while also developing a lead nurturing and retention system concurrently
- Proven experience as a marketing leader at a media or technology company, preferably one with a paid product and a significant growth component
- Demonstrated experience at successfully operating a new marketing function at an early stage company
- A keen understanding of the most important marketing technologies, channels and trends in order to make the most informed decisions
- A passion for digital assets is a plus!
- A “can do” attitude, deep curiosity and strong strategic problem solver
- A teammate with incredible marketing grounding, regardless of technical “credentials," which we do not require. Accomplishments speak louder than degrees.
We offer world class benefits and perks modeled after those at Button, our CEO’s previous company, where as a co-founder, he was instrumental in creating a workplace that was voted one of the best places to work in NYC. Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.