Senior Product Manager
Remote within United States /
Product & Engineering /
Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ countries, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
As a Product Manager at The Block, you will be the owner of a collection of The Block’s products. As a senior product owner, you will be responsible for meeting company OKRs, capturing feedback, and prioritizing the execution of tasks through agile development workflow.
An effective Product Manager should be able to bridge the gap in communication between Engineering and Business priorities—all while advocating for The Block’s users' needs. The ideal candidate must be able to sift through and prioritize tasks for their respective products based on Engineering bandwidth, business demands, and market research.
- Be responsible for the product direction of multiple products
- Collaborate extensively with engineers and designers, while including important stakeholders across the company in product decisions
- Develop a product strategy to optimize for company goals of memberships, traffic and revenue
- Clearly communicate product updates and progress across the organization
- Understand the competitive landscape and identify gaps in the market that The Block can fill
- Be creative in solving business problems by generating effective user stories
- Lead build vs. buy vs. outsource discussions
- Contribute to the culture of quality and healthy collaboration by example
- Ability to organize a product roadmap and conduct user research to inform product decisions
- Knowledge of digital assets, crypto, and blockchain technologies
- Understanding of the product development life cycle within an agile development environment
- Ability to construct product requirements based on developer bandwidth, company goals and metrics
- Knowledge of wire framing process for desktop and mobile applications
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple product processes that are in active development
- Expertise in KPI measurement tools such as Google Analytics or MixPanel
- 5 yrs of experience as a product manager, entrepreneur, general manager, or engineering lead
- 3 yrs of experience in data and/or research related to broader finance and market intelligence
Good to Have
- Experience using an email service provider (SendGrid, MailGun, MailChimp)
- Product experience with data visualizations and dashboarding
- Knowledge of WordPress products or similar CMS
- Experience in one or more Business Intelligence (BI) products, such as Google Data Studio, Domo, or Tableau