Writer / Reporter (freelance)
New York or Remote
What We Need
The Block is seeking freelance writers with knowledge of cryptocurrency, blockchain, and the people working to make them succeed. The Block is a startup dedicated to becoming one of the premier media destinations covering emerging technologies impacting investing, commerce, real estate and much more. Your work will appear in our regular content feed alongside our full-time staff on equal footing. The Block is looking to work with a select group of freelancers who write regularly for us.
Successful candidates will likely have:
- Prior writing and reporting experience
- An ability to juggle multiple stories and deadlines
- Your own story ideas to pitch to The Block’s team for consideration
- Preference for quality over quantity, but an ability to write up to 1-2 times weekly
- A track record of interviewing and interacting with primary sources
- Passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain, with a dash of skepticism where warranted
- Social-media savvy
- English-language writing experience
Send us a cover e-mail and links to at least three (3) things you’ve written at email@example.com
Working at The Block
The Block operates at high speed and significant rates of change. You’ll have a chance to help shape the company through your work and you’re joining us at the beginning. Our needs will grow and change over time as will opportunities to work with us. If you’re not a perfect fit for our job listings, contact us and explain why you want to join The Block.
The Block does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, race, disability, or any other protected status under applicable local, state, and federal laws.