HQ - Marina Del Rey, CA
As a Ruby on Rails Developer you will be a key member of our Technology team driving a rapidly growing e-commerce platform, reporting to the Software Engineering Manager. You will be instrumental in developing our next generation platform and participate in efforts that enable our business to scale and significantly influence its growth trajectory. You will work directly with business stakeholders to understand functional requirements and be responsible for feature implementations, and quality releases on a Ruby on Rails platform on AWS. You will be empowered with and have ownership of pragmatic technology choices to achieve your goals. You will be challenged with all of this while maintaining a zero-downtime continuous deployment environment.
Who Are You?
· You have worked on full lifecycle including design, architecture, implementation, production and post production.
· You are someone who can make smart technical decisions, understands tradeoffs and can come up with different solutions.
What You Will Do:
· Partnering with business stakeholders in self organizing teams to design, develop and launch new features while supporting existing applications.
· Defining best practices, tools, and techniques to enable standardization, and to raise quality and maintainability of web-application and ecosystem components.
· Work independently as well as collaborate with on-site and remote teams as necessary to drive results
· Performing platform performance reviews and performance optimization on all tiers as needed
· Conducting peer review of code and technical designs
What You Will Need:
· 3-4 years of relevant experience.
· Strong experience with Rails (4.0) and functional programming with Ruby
· Strong experience with MongoDB, Redis, AWS, OpsWorks
· Strong experience with Pub/Sub (Sidekiq preferred)
· Strong experience with Search technologies (ElasticSearch preferred)
· Strong experience with Git and team based development concepts
· Strong experience developing on ecommerce platforms such as WebLinc is a major plus
· Familiarity with frontend concerns (DOM, HTML5/CSS3, Ajax)
· Experience scaling high traffic websites (architecture/database)
· Pride in your work, and a drive for quality and results
· A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
What You Will Get:
Health, Dental & Vision with 100% employee coverage
Competitive Salary + Equity Package
Generous Paid Time Off
Discounts on The World’s Best Flowers (obviously!)
Work on cutting edge new technologies
Fun events, outings, and celebrations
Cold brew coffee, beer on tap, and stocked state of the art kitchen
The Bouqs Company is an online flower retailer founded by college classmates John Tabis and Juan Pablo Montúfar that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. Tabis, a brand and strategy executive formerly with Disney, and Montúfar, a third-generation farmer, started The Bouqs Company in November 2012 to radically disrupt the global floral industry through a modern brand, responsibly-sourced flowers and a vertically-integrated supply chain. The Bouqs Company connects farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers, and disrupts the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike. For more information, visit www.bouqs.com and follow the #BouqLove on Facebook, Instagramand Twitter.