Director, New Business Expansion & Retail
Marina Del Rey, CA /
Business Development /
The Director, New Business Expansion & Retail contributes to The Bouq’s mission of creating a world‑class sustainable brand disrupting the global $50B floral industry by leading our efforts in expanding Bouqs into new categories and business opportunities, with a focus on Retail environments and International Expansion. You’ll partner with our Founder & Chairman, CEO, Chief Floral Officer and other senior leaders to develop the strategy, build partnerships, and execute expansion into new key areas. This role will require both a strategic mindset and the ability to execute, an interest in testing and building new concepts along with setting those nascent businesses up for success, and the ability to be both a team player and an individual contributor. This is a highly entrepreneurial role and will require a leader that is comfortable with ambiguity, is quick on her or his feet, and is comfortable rolling up sleeves to make things happen. We need a believer, a doer, an artist and a mathematician, a poet and a scholar. This is a great opportunity to have major impact on a rapidly-growing organization, and to build a new pillar of growth for the years to come. Join us and learn how to build an amazing, impactful brand and business while creating positive change around sustainability and spreading love!.
- Evaluate strategic alternatives and build execution roadmaps and detailed rollout plans
- Work with partners internal and external to align stakeholders and move quickly to launch
- Oversee and ensure smooth launches and execution, adjust based on learnings and improve the business(es) over time
- Travel to retail locations to build relationships with local talent and resolve any operational or people issues
- Liaise with internal stakeholders including marketing, technology, product and operations
- Over time, hire and grow a team to assist in scaling the winning concepts
- At its core, design and roll out multiple retail concepts at record pace
- 8+ Years of experience in business development, operations and/or new business creation
- Multiple years of experience in Retail operations – either running or optimizing existing stores or launching new locations
- Experience hiring, leading and managing in-store teams
- BA in business or equivalent
- Self-driven and wildly dedicated – you crush projects and enjoy every minute of it
- Honest and forthright with unquestionable integrity
- Flexible and very comfortable with ambiguity and change
- A passion for brand experiences in physical settings that build deep customer relationships
- A great communicator that can work with senior executives as well as interns, internal to your team and with partners
- Detail and process-oriented while also bringing creative solutions to new challenges
- Competitive Salary + Equity Package
- Health, Dental & Vision with 100% employee coverage
- Three Weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounts on The World’s Best Flowers (obviously!)
- Work on cutting edge new technologies
- Cold brew coffee, beer on tap, and fully stocked state of the art kitchen with a fabulous indoor / outdoor lunch area.
About The Bouqs:
Our mission here at The Bouqs is to revolutionize the way we commemorate life’s moments by connecting people to beautifully designed flowers and the responsible partners who create them. Grounded in transparency, responsibility, and simplicity, we create genuine moments of emotional connection for our customers, build meaningful relationships with like-minded farmers and florists while empowering them to thrive, and eliminate unnecessary waste along the way.
Founded in 2012, The Bouqs is a venture-backed online floral retailer that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. Headquartered in Marina Del Rey, CA, The Bouqs connects farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers and disrupts the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike.
For more information, visit www.bouqs.com and follow the #BouqLove on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Bouqs is an Equal Opportunity Employer!