Hi, we're The Browser Company 👋 and we're building a better way to use the internet.
Browsers are unique in that they are one of the only pieces of software that you share with your parents as well as your kids. Which makes sense, they're our doorway to the most important things — through them we socialize with loved ones, work on our passion projects, and explore our curiosities. But on their own, they don’t actually do a whole lot, they’re kind of just there. They don’t help us organize our messy lives or make it easier to compose our ideas. We believe that the browser could do so much more — it can empower and support the amazing the things we do on the internet. That’s why we’re building one: a browser that can help us grow, create, and stay curious.
To accomplish this lofty task, we’re building a diverse team of people from different backgrounds and experiences. This isn’t optional, it’s crucial to our mission, as we need a wide range of perspectives to challenge our assumptions and shape our browser through a bold, creative lens.
With that in mind, we especially encourage women, people of color, and others from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Membership at The Browser Company designs experiences that guide members toward retention, mastery, and evangelism. Membership is responsible for all interactions with members after they’ve downloaded the new browser. We help educate, learn from, and inspire members to make the most out of the internet.
In Customer Success, you’ll be the interface between members and the team. When our members have a question, problem, or request, they'll come to you for assistance. When our team needs to know what members are saying or having issues with, they'll rely on your insights.
What we do:
- Connect with, deeply understand, and learn from members
- Expose member desires and frustrations to the broader team
- Unblock members from daily obstacles
- Create pathways for members toward mastery and evangelism
A regular day on the job might look like:
- Addressing user questions and feedback via support tickets
- Ticketing / prioritizing backlogged bugs and feedback
- Communicating top feedback themes to the broader team
A few examples of higher level projects you could work on:
- Designing a process for feedback to be communicated to design and engineering teams
- Creating a prioritization rubric for bugs and other problems
- Assisting and leading research projects to learn more about users
- Scaling up how we build experiences and interactions with users
- 2+ years experience on a high volume customer success team
- Empathetic toward member concerns. Able to keep interactions with members friendly, at scale
- Stellar communication ~ written & verbal. Everyone says this, but we really mean it
- Extremely comfortable with multi-tasking & managing priorities
- Can create, own, and execute their own projects confidently and effectively
- Comfortable and excited to be on calls with members (either to answer questions or help solve problems)
- Confident in experimenting with new technologies to scale our processes and solve problems. Interested and excited to learn new software. (No coding experience required)
- Able to generally work eastern (EST) hours (being located on an eastern time zone not required).
The Browser Company is a well funded, ambitious startup of about 40 people (and growing!) who are passionate about building great products. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with the option to work in office in New York. We strongly support diversity and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.