Software Engineer, Product
Brooklyn, New York /
Engineering – Product /
Product Engineering @ The Browser Company
Browsers contain everything we find inspiring, enjoyable, and useful online –– but on their own, they don't really do much. They don't help us find what we're looking for or make it easier to compose our thoughts. They don't allow us to move information around or guide us toward organization. They don't improve our ability to focus or encourage us to keep goals top of mind. We believe that the browser could do so much more to empower and support the amazing things we do on the internet. That's why we're building one: a browser that helps us grow, create, and keep curious.
In service of this goal, we strive to build a diverse team of people with different backgrounds and experiences. This is crucial to our mission, as we need a wide range of perspectives to challenge our assumptions and shape our browser with a curious, creative lens.
We especially encourage women, people of color, and others from historically marginalized groups to apply.
As a Product Engineer, you will design sleek and thoughtful solutions to complex problems and implement core browser features.
- You have experience with product development in iOS/macOS, preferably in Swift
- You have experience tech leading projects or initiatives within your team and organization
- You've worked on large, complex code bases
- You're product minded and user driven
- You're pragmatic and can see the bigger picture; you're able to reason about prioritization and scope
- You have a bias for action and are fast at implementing new features and systems
- You're excited to work in a fast paced startup environment with daily stand-ups and quick product validation cycles
The Browser Company is a well funded, ambitious startup of about 20 people (and growing!) who are passionate about building great products. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with the option to work in office in New York. We strongly support diversity and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.