2023 Gate Attendant
Event Services & Operations – Admissions /
Looking for a summer job that’s fun, by the waterfront and gets you access to one of Toronto’s most iconic events? Come join our team at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)!
The CNE, often affectionately referred to as The Ex, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top ten agricultural fairs in North America. With something for everyone, our event offers a wide variety of attractions and interactive entertainment experiences including: concerts, midway rides and games, shopping, exhibits, tech and gaming hubs, food and wacky treats!
The CNE fair is a cherished tradition, attracting approximately 1.5 million visitors annually over the course of its 18-day run. Be a part of this summer tradition and help us inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Scan and validate admission tickets
- Ensure guests have produced appropriate ticket/pass to enter
- Offer and provide hand-stamp to guests for re-entry
- Control the flow of people entering and exiting their assigned gate
- Identify and escalate situations requiring supervisor’s attention
- Answer basic questions from guests regarding programming, attractions, facilities and services
- Friendly Disposition
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Minimum Age Requirement: 16 years
- Available to work all 18 days of the fair (August 18 - Sept. 4, 2022)
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session
- Ability to stand or be stationary for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods and in all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, cold, rain)
- Required to dress in appropriate uniform
Learned & Developed Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Self-motivation Skills
- Crowd Control
- Communication Skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE Summer Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.