2023 Credentials and Photo ID Assistant
Event Services & Operations – Admissions /
Looking for a summer job that’s fun, by the waterfront and gets you access to one of Toronto’s most iconic events? Come join our team at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)!
The CNE, often affectionately referred to as The Ex, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top ten agricultural fairs in North America. With something for everyone, our event offers a wide variety of attractions and interactive entertainment experiences including: concerts, midway rides and games, shopping, exhibits, tech and gaming hubs, food and wacky treats!
The CNE fair is a cherished tradition, attracting approximately 1.5 million visitors annually over the course of its 18-day run. Be a part of this summer tradition and help us inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Report to Accreditation Supervisor – Coordination, Collaboration
- Arrive promptly and exhibit great enthusiasm, communication and develop cooperative working relationships with the vendors and exhibitors
- Operate photo ID equipment and software and ensure its proper use
- Ensure that all photo stations are well maintained with adequate supplies
- Ensure that all photo IDs are accurately documented and administered
- Perform nightly pass inventory count
- Act as the first point of contact for Photo ID Takers when encountering vendors and customer service issues
- Become full-time ID badge creator once Photo ID Takers are re-assigned to gates
- Gives breaks to Photo ID Takers and momentarily takes their place when washroom breaks are taken
- Exhibit great organization skills when handling multiple tasks at once
- Friendly Disposition
- Critical Thinking
- Service orientation
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Available to work all days of the fair (July 24 – Sept. 4, 2023)
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to stand or be stationary for long periods of time
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors for extended periods and in all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, cold, rain)
- Located in a busy area; constant interruptions
- Required to dress in appropriate uniform
Learned & Developed Skills
- Administrative Service Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Self-motivation Skills
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Computer Skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE Summer Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.