2023 EXpress Train Driver
Event Services & Operations – Guest Services /
Looking for a summer job that’s fun, by the waterfront and gets you access to one of Toronto’s most iconic events? Come join our team at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)!
The CNE, often affectionately referred to as The Ex, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top ten agricultural fairs in North America. With something for everyone, our event offers a wide variety of attractions and interactive entertainment experiences including: concerts, midway rides and games, shopping, exhibits, tech and gaming hubs, food and wacky treats!
The CNE fair is a cherished tradition, attracting approximately 1.5 million visitors annually over the course of its 18-day run. Be a part of this summer tradition and help us inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Operate a shuttle train (75 ft.) on a scheduled route throughout the grounds (carrying capacity of about 90 guests; training is provided)
- Inspect the safety of the train prior to the start of each shift
- Answer basic questions from guests regarding programming, attractions, facilities and services
- Direct guests to facilities/services as required
- Responsible Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Ability to concentrate despite distractions (noise, pedestrians, other vehicular traffic)
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Full G license (Driver’s Abstract will be done)
- Must pass the Train Driving Evaluation
- Available to work all 18 days of the fair (August 18 - Sept. 4, 2023) (Days off will be scheduled with your supervisor)
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session and Job Specific Training
- Note: Steel toed shoes required (not provided)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods and in all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, cold, rain)
- Required to dress in appropriate uniform
Learned & Developed Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Transportation & Logistics Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Self-motivation Skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE Summer Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.