2023 Grounds Crew - Ball Park
Programs – Attractions & Sports /
Looking for a summer job that’s fun, by the waterfront and gets you access to one of Toronto’s most iconic events? Come join our team at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)!
The CNE, often affectionately referred to as The Ex, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top ten agricultural fairs in North America. With something for everyone, our event offers a wide variety of attractions and interactive entertainment experiences including: concerts, midway rides and games, shopping, exhibits, tech and gaming hubs, food and wacky treats!
The CNE fair is a cherished tradition, attracting approximately 1.5 million visitors annually over the course of its 18-day run. Be a part of this summer tradition and help us inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Responsible for all aspect of field maintenance, including:
- Removal of covering tarps
- Rake or drag the infield as required
- Put down and touch up the chalk foul lines and the out of bound lines
- Prepare the pitcher’s mound
- Put out the bases and prepare the scoreboard signage
- Prepare ice cooler and players’ drinks if available
- During games, duties include scoreboard operation, retrieving foul balls, pitch count recording
- Miscellaneous duties for the operation of the Ball Park program
- Reliable, responsible
- Takes initiative
- Fast learner
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and visitor care/customer service skills
- Minimum Age Requirement: 16 years
- Available to work all 18 days of the fair (August 19 - Sept. 5, 2022) and the two weeks prior
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session and Job-Specific Training
- Applicants are asked to outline their various extra-curricular activities/interests/hobbies on their application
- Must be able to stand or remain in stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods and in all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, cold, rain)
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment
- Required to dress in appropriate uniform
Learned & Developed Skills
- Sports/Event Coordination Skills
- Self-motivation Skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE Summer Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.