Skate Shack Attendant/Tube Park Operator
Aurora Winter Festival – Aurora Winter Festival
Help us transform the Ontario Place West Island into a magical winter wonderland – the Aurora Winter Festival!
Be a part of the festivities down at Toronto’s iconic waterfront by joining one of the city’s newest, and exciting winter events presented by the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE).
The Aurora Winter Festival is a spectacular celebration of light and adventure. The event features: stunning light installations, mystical worlds with enchanting characters that guests can explore, fabulous food experiences and a heated entertainment tent, holiday marketplaces, amusements rides, waterfront ice skating and more!
Join our team and be a part of the CNE’s continued tradition to inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Ensure that all guests have an exciting and safe experience at the tube park and on the ice rink
- Receive tokens from guests
- Assist with crowd control measures when needed - this may include helping to move barriers in order to keep the line organized
- Ensure that guests have signed a digital waiver on the provided iPads prior to participating in our Tube Park activity or skating on our ice rink
- Assist with back of house jobs in the Skate Shack, ensuring a quick turnaround time on skate rentals
- Explain and enforce safety procedures to guests
- Ensure the appropriate timing of rides on the tube hill to lessen the likeliness of collision or injury
- Ensure that the skating rink does not reach capacity to avoid possible collisions and injuries
- Keep Tube Park & Skate Shack areas clean and tidy
- Identify and address any potential safety concerns
- Other duties as assigned
- This position primarily works outdoors in all weather conditions
- Position will require close contact with guests
- Position requires staff to perform constant repetitive motions including bending, lifting and carrying
- Must be able to remain stationary in outdoor weather conditions for prolonged amounts of time
- Must be able to comfortably lift and carry 50lbs of weight
- Must be able to repetitively climb stairs from the bottom to the top of the Tube Park hill
- Ability to resolve conflict in an appropriate manner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of safety procedures
- Ability to anticipate potential dangers
- Ability to work both in team environments, and individually with minimal supervision
- Available to work entire duration of the Festival from November 22nd, 2019 to January 5th, 2020
- Previous experience in a customer service role is considered an asset
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session & Job-Specific Training
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the Aurora Winter Festival Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the Aurora Winter Festival we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The Aurora Winter Festival offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.