2023 Admission Ticket Seller
Event Services & Operations – Admissions /
Looking for a summer job that’s fun, by the waterfront and gets you access to one of Toronto’s most iconic events? Come join our team at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)!
The CNE, often affectionately referred to as The Ex, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top ten agricultural fairs in North America. With something for everyone, our event offers a wide variety of attractions and interactive entertainment experiences including: concerts, midway rides and games, shopping, exhibits, tech and gaming hubs, food and wacky treats!
The CNE fair is a cherished tradition, attracting approximately 1.5 million visitors annually over the course of its 18-day run. Be a part of this summer tradition and help us inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Greet guests and answer questions concerning ticket pricing in a courteous manner
- Process ticket transactions (including cash, debit and credit card handling) using computerized cash register
- Answer basic questions from guests regarding programming, attractions, facilities and services
- Friendly Disposition
- Confident; Assertive
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Previous experience handling cash, debit and credit card transactions is an asset
- Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years
- Available to work all 18 days of the fair (August 18 - September 4, 2023)
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session
- Applicants must provide a Police Record Check
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods and in all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, cold, rain)
- Ability to stand or be stationary for extended periods of time
- Required to dress in appropriate uniform
Learned & Developed Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Self-motivation Skills
- Communication Skills
- Cash Handling Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Computer Skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE Summer Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.