Event Services & Operations – Exhibit & Midway Sales /
Looking for a summer job that’s fun, by the waterfront and gets you access to one of Toronto’s most iconic events? Come join our team at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)!
The CNE, often affectionately referred to as The Ex, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top ten agricultural fairs in North America. With something for everyone, our event offers a wide variety of attractions and interactive entertainment experiences including: concerts, midway rides and games, shopping, exhibits, tech and gaming hubs, food and wacky treats!
The CNE fair is a cherished tradition, attracting approximately 1.5 million visitors annually over the course of its 18-day run. Be a part of this summer tradition and help us inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Prior to Move-In
- Familiarize yourself with Exhibitor Rules and Regulations, the Exhibitor Handbook (both will be provided) and emergency and fire procedures contained in Procedures Manual which will be available in the Show Offices.
- Contact all trade personnel where needed to assist in any service requirements for food concessionaires and building requirements. For example: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC etc.
- Assist in all areas of Concessionaire Move In, Opening and Closing of the Food Building, Safety and Security of the Building at all times.
- Assist in all Show Office related production elements, administrative and exhibitor follow-ups
- During Move-In
- Coordinate deliveries at the loading bays, ensuring that the Roll-up door is kept clear and in a safe condition at all times.
- Minimize parking on Quebec Ave, requesting vehicle to park in the allocated Parking Lots, as needed
- Liaise with CNE and contract Security Guards on duty.
- Liaise with contractors who are moving displays and exhibits, trades and CNE approved regulators only.
- Assign dollies to exhibitors who require them. Please keep track of whom dollies are distributed to, as no exhibitor should have more than one dolly at any given time.
- Keep all dollies not in use in the designated dolly-storage areas by Office area.
- Direct any exhibitor requests to the respective contacts i.e. the Show Office or the Exhibitor Services
- Monitor vehicle movement in building (golf carts) ensuring egress and exits are not blocked
- Direct exhibitors to where they can purchase their parking and admit to grounds passes – Salon 105 in Hall A in the Admissions/Credentials office.
- Ensure no open-toe shoes are worn as well no children under the age of 16 are on the show floor
- During the CNE Liaise with the Show Operations Coordinator at all times, to ensure they are informed of any incidents, events, etc. that take place in the building.
- Enforce the rules and regulations for the building, to be followed by all exhibitors as outlined in the “Rules and Regulations”.
- Liaise with CNE and contract security guards.
- Enforce our requirements for exhibitors to have professional displays and any misuse of services.
- Keep a daily log sheet of all incidents/problems that occur in the building.
- Evaluate each exhibitor’s booth making note of the quality and whether or not the merchandise display belongs in the respective areas.
- Please monitor exhibitors who do not turn off their lights at end of show, who has an abundance of paper/boxes/garbage left in their booth.
- Monitor QE Exhibit Hall cleanliness and coordinate with the Cleaning Team to ensure proper cleanliness of building
- Hourly walk-throughs and roaming to ensure that the entire building is kept orderly, exhibitors are not sampling outside the confines of their booth and that any security issues are identified proactively.
- Liaise with CNE Management regarding move-out, on a daily basis.
- Liaise with various contractors during move-out to facilitate the move-out schedules.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Reliable, responsible
- Confident, assertive
- Takes initiative
- Fast Learner
- Works effectively with minimal supervision
- (Previous event management an asset)
- Available to work all 18 days of the fair including the week prior
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and Labour Day
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session and Job-Specific Training.
- Must be able to stand or remain in stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to work indoors & outdoors for extended periods and in all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, cold, rain)
- Required to dress in appropriate uniform
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Event Management Skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE Summer Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.