2023 Show Office Attendant
Event Services & Operations – Exhibit & Midway Sales /
Looking for a summer job that’s fun, by the waterfront and gets you access to one of Toronto’s most iconic events? Come join our team at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)!
The CNE, often affectionately referred to as The Ex, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top ten agricultural fairs in North America. With something for everyone, our event offers a wide variety of attractions and interactive entertainment experiences including: concerts, midway rides and games, shopping, exhibits, tech and gaming hubs, food and wacky treats!
The CNE fair is a cherished tradition, attracting approximately 1.5 million visitors annually over the course of its 18-day run. Be a part of this summer tradition and help us inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Day to day operations of the office – receiving guests, phone, fax, radios, voicemail etc.
- Assist in all Show Office related production elements, administration and action items.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory and control of all office and operational supplies.
- Assist in sharing, maintaining and preparing Show Office related information.
- Assist in monitoring deliveries and pickups.
- Assist and support Building Floor Superintendents.
- Liaise with CNE First Aid and contact Security Guards on duty when required.
- Monitor and call appropriate trade contacts for cleaning or issues in the Exhibitor Lounge, Prayer Rooms, Salons and Storage Area.
- Understand Emergency Preparedness and escalate/contact/document as instructed.
- Ensure all Show Office electronics are functional at all times.
- Make any announcements, as required.
- Understand and ensure the processes for Storage, Keys, Radios and Security Controls are enforced.
- Ensure Radios and batteries are charged and organized in base throughout each day.
- Direct any exhibitor requests to the respective contacts i.e. Exhibitor Services, Exhibit Sales.
- Direct exhibitors to where they can purchase their parking and admit to grounds passes – Salon 105 in Hall A in the Admissions/Credentials office.
- Liaise with Exhibit Sales and Show Office Assistant at all times to share information of any incidents, events, etc. that take place in the building.
- Understand Exhibitor Guidelines and notify Sales Managers should there be any issues.
- Understand the parcel check services process and provide day to day operation parcel check services as required.
- Provide assistance as required to Show Management.
- Maintain customer service excellence with exhibitors, retailers, suppliers, dignitaries, Exhibition Place, Visitors and Trades and all stakeholders.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Experience in a previous administrative role would be an asset
- Friendly disposition
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly organized with excellent administrative, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of the CNE’s administrative practices would be considered an asset
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize responsibilities to meet changing demands
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends in the weeks leading up to and including the CNE’s 18 fair days
- Willingness to work in areas that may contain bright lights, loud noises and crowds of people
- Required to dress in appropriate uniform
Learned & Developed Skills
- Administrative Skills
- Customer Services Skills
- Communication Skills
- Event Management Skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE Summer Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.