Aurora Elf (Customer Service)
Aurora Winter Festival – Aurora Winter Festival
Help us transform the Ontario Place West Island into a magical winter wonderland – the Aurora Winter Festival!
Be a part of the festivities down at Toronto’s iconic waterfront by joining one of the city’s newest, and exciting winter events presented by the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE).
The Aurora Winter Festival is a spectacular celebration of light and adventure. The event features: stunning light installations, mystical worlds with enchanting characters that guests can explore, fabulous food experiences and a heated entertainment tent, holiday marketplaces, amusements rides, waterfront ice skating and more!
Join our team and be a part of the CNE’s continued tradition to inspire Canadians and create memories.
- Enhance the experience of families and guests through your role as a Festival “Aurora Elf” around the festival grounds
- Deliver a magical experience for families and guests
- Interact with children and families from diverse backgrounds during their visit
- Stay in character while maintaining a constant level of energy throughout all interactions
- Perform in outdoor weather conditions while wearing the provided costume
- Maintain professional standards in accordance with all policies and procedures
- Greet guests who arrive at the event
- Take photos with guests while dressed in provided costume
- Hand out prizes and gifts to guests
- Collect tokens at a variety of offered activities on site
- Other duties as assigned
- This position primarily works outdoors in all weather conditions that may arise
- Position will require close contact with guests
- Position will require for provided costume/uniform to be worn at all times
- Passion for entertaining/acting/theatre
- Must be able to remain mobile in outdoor weather conditions for prolonged amounts of time
- Ability to interact with and work with people of varying ages, needs, and backgrounds
- Open-minded with the ability to quickly adapt and be understanding of every guest’s needs at the event
- Must be comfortable with posing in frequent photographs
- Must be willing and able to work closely with other employees and guests
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and interchangeable throughout multiple customer service roles
- Ability to skate comfortably and confidently is considered an asset
- Available to work entire duration of the Festival from November 22nd, 2019 to January 5th, 2020
- Available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Able to attend Mandatory Orientation Session & Job-Specific Training
Interested candidates should submit a resume outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the Aurora Winter Festival Staffing Department. Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
At the Aurora Winter Festival we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The Aurora Winter Festival offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.