90291, Los Angeles, CA /
We are a fast growing company and are seeking an experienced start-up HR professional to join our team to build and execute our Company’s vision.
While most start-ups do not hire an HR professional until they are much larger, we recognize the importance of this function within our organization and want to build our team with the best talent and practices as early as possible.
You will play a critical role in helping to rapidly scale our team and be a steward of our culture through management of critical people operations functions.
Our ideal teammate has a passion for people, has gravitas / can sell people on company vision and culture, and is adept both quantitatively and qualitatively. E.g. This candidate can positively impact employees’ experience by enhancing our vibrant culture while also developing concrete pathways for professional development to meaningfully improve retention and eNPS.
This is a highly visible role at a high growth company with strong career potential. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves. This is a role that requires a collaborative mindset with no job too big or too small.
You will help own every stage of the employee lifecycle and report directly to the Head of People Operations. You will also be working in tandem with an in-house recruiter to support in hitting our hiring goals.
- Coordinate seamless, high-impact onboarding and training experience for new hires
- Maintain HRIS platform fidelity, including employee information, compensation, benefits and PTO
- Oversee the administration of benefits (healthcare, dental and vision) and perks
- Steward bi-annual employee performance and compensation review process
- Be a resource for local, state, and federal employment laws to ensure regulatory compliance and mitigate risk
- Act as the cultural torchbearer and extension of our Company values
- Plan and host all employee / company events
- Other responsibilities as required
- At least 5 years of hands-on HR at a high growth startup including experience in recruiting, HR compliance, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, and payroll
- Experience recruiting across multiple functions (e.g., Operations, Marketing & Engineering/Product)
- Incredible follow-through and attention to detail without losing an 80/20 mindset
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Mission-driven and passionate about our values
- Speaks truth to power; proven to regularly provide useful positive and constructive feedback
- A demonstrated a track record of making meaningful impact and successive recognition / promotion
Nice to haves:
- Experience recruiting for a high growth start-up(s)
- Mentorship and coaching to both direct reports and peers
- Crafting and leading professional development and/or trainings
Our New Teammate
- Is passionate about customers and cares about making an impact in their lives
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a passionate team
- Has an interest in solving complex problems rather than just executing on someone else’s vision
- Wants to be involved in the growth of the company, working cross functionally, not just staying in their lane
- Practices radical candor
Our New Teammate is Not
- A believer that there is his/her way to do something and no other
- Looking for a caricatured culture reminiscent of HBO’s Silicon Valley
- Looking to solve problems and challenges for their own benefit, not for the sake of others
- Looking for a lifestyle job
- Rigid in applying past frameworks and solutions to new/bespoke problems
- More interested in titles than responsibilities
Why work at The Flex Company?
- Be the founding/first dedicated People Operations hire
- Opportunity to join a high-growth startup creating an entirely new product category
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow a category creator in a massive market
- Join an inspiring culture with people that truly live their core values and are passionate about serving all who menstruate.
Our Shared Values
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative, sustainable, life-changing period products. After years of disappointment and discomfort trying dozens of products, Lauren Schulte Wang founded Flex to create body-safe, medical grade alternatives that outperform traditional period products. The Flex Disc and Flex Cup generate 60% less waste and have the capacity of up to three super tampons, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people possible, Flex is available at Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and at flexfits.com.
The Flex Company is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be themselves.