Lifecycle & CRM Marketing Manager
The Flex Company has proven product-market fit, growing profitably & quickly, and is looking for a T-shaped marketer to lead our email and marketing automation efforts as continue on our steep growth trajectory.
This is a highly-visible role that will report directly to the VP of Ecommerce, and own several critical performance metrics for the company (e.g. email lead conversion rate; retention rate; referral rate; etc.)
- You are a strong cultural fit - this is just as if not more important than the functional fit
- You've got a blend of analytical and creative skills, and can go from drafting up a quick win-back email in the morning to building an excel model to analyze different customer cohorts in the afternoon.
- You know how to work cross-functionally with creative, engineering, and data teams to get things done, and are deeply empathetic to the needs of our customers.
- The Flex Company is an equal opportunity employer
- We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, & vision, and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally
OUR SHARED VALUES
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
- Get to know our entire team and deeply understand our mission, vision & values
- Understand our products, customer experience, and past growth and retention initiatives and results
- Analyze, in collaboration with Product and Growth teams, existing data sets & customer journey to generate initial insights & hypotheses
- Develop and implement email campaigns aimed at nurturing and converting new leads, driving referrals, retaining subscribers, and resurrecting churned out subscribers
- Communicate insights to the team, learning from what doesn’t work and have started to improve upon what does work
- Build unique customer journeys tailored to various consumer segments, including past purchasers, site visitors, cart abandoners, loyalists/advocates, newsletter subscribers, & more
- Driving continuous improvement in scale and performance across the customer journey via A/B and multivariate testing
- Be regarded as the subject matter expert in retention marketing
- Have made a measurable impact on customer retention, and most importantly, understood the customer insight that led to your recommendations, strategies and tactics working
- Working closely with the acquisition, product/engineering, creative, and customer insights team to develop captivating marketing concepts
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and growth teams to develop innovative omni-channel strategies (may be sooner)
- Be seen as a critical leader to The Flex Company
In 1 Month You Will
In 3 Months You Will
In 6 Months You Will
- 5+ years of experience, specifically focused on CRM, email marketing, marketing automation, or web analytics required
- Strong analytical background - an Excel wizard - and experience with database systems (SQL’s a big plus)
- Extensive experience with ecommerce and performance marketing tools, software, systems
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS or similar, familiarity with APIs
- Track record of juggling multiple tasks and projects at a time, process-driven thinking, and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize in a complex environment
- A strong bias toward action
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Screening: We review all applications received through our website.
- Thoughtful cover letters encouraged
- 1st Round: 30-45 minute video call
- 2nd Round: On-site case interview with hiring manager + others as required
- 3rd / Final Round (as required): On-site interview with multiple members of our team
- Reference checks
- The typical timeline from final round interview to an offer decision one to two weeks
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company creates innovative period products that are better for our health and the environment. The Flex Company is known for its patented products FLEX™ Disc, FLEX Cup™, Softdisc® and Softcup®, which are sold online and in major retailers throughout the United States.
Based in Venice, California, The Flex Company is the sole manufacturer of its products, which are designed and produced in United States and Canada.
Led by founder & CEO Lauren Schulte Wang, our team is working to create life-changing experiences through the products we make and conversations we spark. Learn more at flexfits.com.