We are a fast-growing company and are seeking an experienced startup HR professional to join our team to build and execute our Company’s vision. We are currently under 20 full-time employees and our conservative goal is to double headcount over the next 12 months.
While most startups do not hire an in-house recruiter or HR professional until they are much larger, we recognize the importance of this function within our organization and want to build our People Operations function with the best talent and practices as early as possible.
You will play a critical, twofold role: helping to rapidly scale our team, and being a steward of our culture through management of critical people operations functions.
Our ideal teammate is passionate about people, has gravitas / can sell people on company vision and culture, and is adept both quantitatively and qualitatively. That means the right candidate can take a hiring manager’s description of a role and turn it into a compelling job description... and develop a robust hiring pipeline, funnel, and reporting metrics/structure.
This is a visible role at a high-growth company with strong career potential. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves. This is a role that requires a collaborative mindset with no job too big or too small.
You will help own every stage of the employee lifecycle and report directly to the CEO. The expectation is that you will start as an individual contributor, and within 6 months of joining, you will hire a recruiter to support in achieving our hiring goals.
- Must have at least 5 years of hands on experience in HR at a high-growth startup including experience in recruiting, HR compliance, employee onboarding/offboarding, benefits, and payroll
- At least 2 years of experience recruiting for a high growth start-up(s)
- Experience recruiting across multiple functions (e.g., Operations, Marketing & Engineering/Product)
- At least 2 years’ experience using ATS including advanced reporting
- Proven experience building and maintaining a recruiting funnel aligned with Company goals
- Incredible follow-through and attention to detail without losing an 80/20 mindset
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Mission-driven and passionate about our values
- Speaks truth to power; proven to regularly provide useful positive and constructive feedback
- A demonstrated a track record of making meaningful impact and successive recognition / promotion
Nice to Haves
- Experience mentoring and coaching (to both direct reports and peers)
- Interpersonal communications training
Our New Teammate Is:
- Passionate about customers and cares about making an impact in their lives
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a passionate team
- Has an interest in solving complex problems rather than just executing on someone else’s vision
- Wants to be involved in the growth of the company, working cross functionally, not just staying in their lane
- Practices radical candor
Our New Teammate is NOT:
- A believer that there is his/her way to do something and no other
- Looking for a caricatured culture reminiscent of HBO’s Silicon Valley
- Looking to solve problems and challenges for their own benefit, not for the sake of others
- Looking for a lifestyle job
- Rigid in applying past frameworks and solutions to new/bespoke problems
- More interested in titles than responsibilities
Why Work At The Flex Company?
- Be the founding/first dedicated People Operations hire
- Opportunity to join a high-growth startup creating an entirely new product category
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow a category creator in a massive market
- Generous health, vision, and dental coverage
- Join an inspiring culture with people that truly live their core values and are passionate about serving women
- E.g., Has learned to make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- E.g., A track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others
- E.g., Does not triangulate (i.e., politik) but communicates needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues
- E.g., Does not just take constructive feedback well, but thrives in an environment where they actively seek feedback from colleagues
- E.g., Is self-motivated to generate their best work and make greater impact tomorrow than they did today
- E.g., Is comfortable being their authentic selves at work (including in their interview!)
Choose Love Over Fear
Optimize For Trust
Have a Growth Mindset
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company creates innovative period products that are better for our health and the environment. The Flex Company is known for its patented products FLEX™ Disc, FLEX Cup™, Softdisc® and Softcup®, which are sold online and in major retailers throughout the United States.
Based in Venice, California, The Flex Company is the sole manufacturer of its products, which are designed and produced in United States and Canada.
Led by founder & CEO Lauren Schulte Wang, our team is working to create life-changing experiences through the products we make and conversations we spark. Learn more at flexfits.com.