Campus Program Intern
Do you know your campus inside and out? Are you consistently engaged with classmates involved in different activities, events and pursuits? Do your friends come to you to find out what’s going on? Are you actively involved in student government, clubs, or the Greek system?
The Flex Company is looking for a Full Time Campus Program Intern to develop our first ever campus ambassador program. In this role you’ll engage undergraduate students on your campus in Los Angeles to increase awareness of Flex through programs you conceptualize and build. We’re looking for an influencer who is excited by the idea of creating adoption of innovative new products among their peers.
This is an 8-12 week position that will bring deep exposure to The Flex Company's offline marketing program function where you’ll be working directly with our Growth team. Only undergraduate students currently enrolled (in good standing) and active in their LA-based university community will be considered. Successful interns may be offered a part-time contract position following the end of their summer internship.
In This Role You Will:
- Identify and plan creative campus outreach programs to our customer base to share your love for the Flex brand with your peers
- Develop strong ties between Flex and multiple university organizations that will last past your internship duration
- Leverage trends, events and opportunities on your campus to position Flex in front of potential student customers
- Responsibilities will vary - and this experience will be what you make of it
- Passion for and deep understanding of the benefits of the FLEX menstrual disc
- Comfort in talking about periods and period protection with peers and complete strangers
- Connected with a variety of key influential groups on campus
- Ambitious students with a proven ability to get things done with limited resources
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage complex projects
- Flexible - you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Practical and analytical problem solver: you use data to drive decisions and you figure out workarounds for obstacles
- Willingness to learn and foster a positive and collaborative environment
- Grit: You’re a determined, hands-on doer for whom no job is too big or too small with a positive attitude
EXPERIENCE UNPARALLELED LEARNING & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- We started FLEX because we wanted to create an environment where employees will thrive on our team, building a dream together
- You’ll join a diverse (gender, ethnicity), fun, senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in technology, healthcare, consumer products, and enterprise software across multiple functions
- Get in at the ground-level of one of LA’s hottest new startups
- Use your love of FLEX and your university to be a key contributor to the first ever FLEX campus program
AMAZING LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT
- We are located in Venice Beach, CA
- Weekly happy hours
- Lunch & learns with top venture capitalists, marketers, founders/entrepreneurs, and other luminaries in the technology world
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company's mission is to create life-changing, body positive experiences through the products we make and the conversations we spark.
Our vision is to reimagine and deliver life-changing period products everywhere. Our first product is the menstrual disc™ -- the most substantial innovation in period products in nearly a century. Menstrual discs offer 12 hours of leak-free period protection and can be worn during intercourse.
Today women in more than 40 countries use our patented menstrual disc products, FLEX and Softcup. Over 250 million discs have been sold worldwide. FLEX is sold online, direct-to-consumer through a subscription service. Softcup is sold in all major drugstore retailers in the U.S.
Founded in 2015, The Flex Company is in Venice Beach, California, and backed by Amplify.LA and Y Combinator.
We are well capitalized, growing rapidly (customers and team), and have strong cash flow.