Senior Brand Manager, Innovation
Los Angeles, CA / Remote /
The Flex Company is seeking an experienced Brand Manager to build out our strategic product innovation roadmap and brief the Product Development team to bring concepts to execution. This CPG leader will ensure that our product plan and execution is consumer, market, and category insights driven, has a clear point of differentiation from competitors, ladders up to brand and company objectives, delivers incremental revenue, and meets profitability targets.
Our ideal candidate will be exceptionally passionate about the nexus between products and consumers and is highly skilled in building out a brand strategy and turning that strategy into execution. Our teammates are adaptable self-starters and thrive working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with talented people. While we have proven product-market fit, we are looking for a hungry brand manager who is motivated by the idea of building and managing an assortment of products that will for drive revenue in a brand new category.
This is a Manager/Senior Manager level role reporting to the Director of Marketing.
- Align with CEO’s long-term product vision and own the development of a robust, margin accretive pipeline of products across multiple categories, driving 9 digit top line revenue
- Deliver clear, data-driven, actionable briefs for the product development, insights, and creative teams
- Ensure that product roadmap aligns with both retail sales cycles and omnichannel revenue targets
- Accountable for budget adherence and product level P&L for new product launches
- Build business cases for Capex investments
- Lead and motivate a cross-functional team to deliver best in class products for our target consumer
- Spearhead implementation of and adherence to efficient stage-gate process
- Partner with retail sales and marketing teams to build accurate forecasts, pricing recommendations, and assortment strategy
- 3-5 years experience leading innovation for a CPG brand, MBA a plus
- Proven ability to commercialize profitable products from ideation to launch, ideally in a personal care or OTC category
- Experience leading a results-driven cross-functional team, demonstrated project management skills
- Deep understanding of health-focused consumer goods in an omnichannel businesses environment
- Experience working with sustainable materials or leading product improvement initiatives to meet sustainability targets a plus
- Direct-to-consumer and Amazon experience are a huge plus
- You have proven experience successfully developing products for CPG brands, generating double-digit year-over-year incremental growth and top line revenue
- You leverage market data and customer insights to develop a robust product pipeline and project briefs
- You have deep experience building sales stories for large national retailers
- You have excelled in managing new product launches to P&L targets
- You are able to lead and motivate a cross-functional team of subject-matter experts that may not have a direct reporting line to you
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the entire consumer goods product development cycle
- You are results driven and have a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- You ask the right questions vs. knowing the right answers, lead by example, mentor and support your cross-functional team
- You have proven experience increasing profitability without losing product quality or market share
- You’re values-driven; you already lived Flex’s values before you start
In 1 Month You Will
- Create a 90-day plan for success
- Build relationships with your cross-functional team and the leadership team
- Align with Marketing Director, CEO on product vision and priorities aligned with Company OKRs
- Understand key category drivers, competitive landscape
In 3 Months You Will
- Have a clear understanding of our target customer
- Provide monthly reporting to leadership on project’s status, delivery of KPIs
- Develop and gain alignment to 2-3 year product development pipeline and goals
- Understand the key levers for business growth across all sales channels
- Have developed briefs for all products launching in the next 18 months
In 6 Months You Will
- Have a robust understanding of core company metrics, financial goals, and tradeoffs for various business decisions within your owned functions
- Begin executing against plans to improve gross margin for core products
- Have developed and articulated a clear perspective on business bottlenecks and potential solutions in areas of the business that impact PD and GTM plans
- Develop a three to five year vision for product development
- Be a trusted thought partner to the Marketing and Sales leadership and CEO
Our Shared Values
- Lead with Intention: Leaders are made not born. Leadership is a practice of intention. And through that intention is how we will ultimately succeed in realizing our mission and vision.
- Embrace Accountability: We are imperfect in our actions, results, and even sometimes our intentions. By making accountability a practice, we destigmatize failure, increase trust with others, and accelerate learning both at the individual and the team level.
- Practice a Growth Mindset: Growth comes at the edge of our comfort zone. We repeatedly place ourselves there by risking failure and embracing the challenges that failure presents us to own our growth and support others in theirs.
- Be You: We want people to show up as they are because that creates a healthier, more dynamic, and effective work environment. Just as much to do with being oneself, it’s everyone’s responsibility to create space for others to be their authentic self as well.
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative, sustainable, life-changing period products. After years of disappointment and discomfort trying dozens of products, Lauren Schulte Wang founded Flex to create body-safe, medical grade alternatives that outperform traditional period products. Flex Disc and Flex Cup generate 60% less waste and have the capacity of up to three super tampons, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people possible, Flex is available at Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and at flexfits.com.
Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, and other protected categories. From our hiring practices to the design of our flagship products, we believe equity and diversity is critical to the ideas, talent, and processes that help us create the most positive impact for our customers and for each other. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply to be a team member at The Flex Company.
We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental and vision health insurance, paid parental leave, cell phone reimbursement, and $1,000 annual wellness and learning credit.