Venice, CA / Remote /
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative and sustainable period products.
Our mission is to create industry-defining products and services that set a new global standard for period health.
Six years ago we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our new product was quickly embraced by consumers everywhere. Flex started as a digitally native brand with one product, and quickly grew to a family of period products sold online and in top national retailers such as Target, CVS, and Walgreens.
The Flex Disc™and Flex Cup™ generate 60% less waste than tampons and pads and can be worn for up to 12 hours, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
We are looking for a jack-of-all-trades copywriter who can be available right away for 25+hrs/week with the opportunity to become a full time employee in 90 days.
The copywriter will be helping with everything from email marketing copy to social media captions to website content along with full spectrum of copywriting for packaging, emails, performance marketing, video scripts, blog, social media, and long form content. The copywriter will research industry-related topics to fill gaps in our content and boost the visibility of our online presence.
This is a highly-visible role that will report to the Sr Creative Manager/ dotted line to VP of Brand and will own the creation and deployment of critical marketing asset categories across both paid (e.g. Instagram, YouTube) and organic (e.g. website, blog) channels.
- Full spectrum copywriting from packaging, emails, performance marketing, video scripts, blog, social media, and long form content
- Conduct industry-related research to continue growth of branding and content
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders for continual alignment for marketing assets and collateral
- You are highly motivated by our Mission, Vision, and Values and will passionately speak to them with a high degree of thoughtfulness, care, and attention to detail
- You enjoy the thrill of the hunt and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- You are a self-starter, comfortable operating with lots of ambiguity, and motivated by a blue sky opportunity to build your business development strategy from the ground up
- You have a strong bias towards action and can swiftly navigate urgent vs. important
- You have a strong customer-orientation and love to build mutually beneficial partnerships
- You are motivated to make The Flex company a billion-dollar brand and grow the company globally
- You excel at locating the right resources to the right opportunities, asking for help, and developing teams at all levels
- You are a relentless and creative problem-solver who can think beyond the apparent constraints of a problem and tries multiple approaches, including those never tried before
- You are emotionally intelligent, self-aware, thoughtful, and meet others where they are
- Previous experience in a copywriting role - preferably with medical device experience
- CPG/Start-up brand experience
- Strong understanding of SEO/SEM
- Proven track record of digital growth through campaigns
In 1 Month You Will:
- Demonstrate strong understanding of Flex's brand, products, and positioning
- Have a strong understanding of brand direction, and copy responsibilities
- Understand different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice
In 3 Months:
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate within a team environment
- Conceptualize and write copy to illustrate, support and reinforce the values of the Flex brand to various audiences across multiple formats
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with designers to define and produce creative content
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to the VP of Brand and Creative and other cross-functional leaders
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s brand guidelines
- Evaluate current state of brand TOV/messaging and develop clear POV on future brand messaging principles that will resonate with our consumer and meaningfully differentiate Flex from competition
In 6 Months:
- Build out distinctive brand TOV/messaging principles and demonstrate how they come to life across relevant platforms
- Ensure a high level of creativity in all work produced and delivered and ensures quality of work and brand voice is consistent, cohesive and meets marketing, sales, product development and strategic business objectives
- Develop systems and processes that scale your own production capacity including but not limited to: video script writing, ad concepts, and long form writing
- Be seen as a creative leader within The Flex Company that your creative team and others (e.g., Marketing) can rely on at all times
Our shared values:
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday.
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative, sustainable, life-changing period products. After years of disappointment and discomfort trying dozens of products, Lauren Schulte Wang founded Flex to create body-safe, medical grade alternatives that outperform traditional period products. Flex Disc and Flex Cup generate 60% less waste and have the capacity of up to three super tampons, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people possible, Flex is available at Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and at flexfits.com.
Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, and other protected categories. From our hiring practices to the design of our flagship products, we believe equity and diversity is critical to the ideas, talent, and processes that help us create the most positive impact for our customers and for each other. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply to be a team member at The Flex Company.
We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental and vision health insurance, paid parental leave, cell phone reimbursement, and $1,000 annual wellness and learning credit.