Los Angeles, CA / Remote /
Tech Product /
The Flex Company is seeking a talented, full-time Product Manager to join our team to help our business and technology scale. Reporting directly to the Head of Product, the product manager will help evolve our website to enable us to create best in-class experiences for our customers. This role is pivotal to the future of technology at The Flex Co as you will help set the direction for how our digital product experience enhances the physical product experience.
Our ideal candidate will be exceptionally passionate about the nexus between customers and technology and highly skilled in building out product road maps and turning strategy into execution. Our teammates are adaptable self-starters and thrive working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with talented people. We have proven product-market fit, and are looking for a seasoned product manager who is motivated by the idea of creating an optimal digital experience to drive revenue in a brand new category.
- Design the product roadmap drive conversion and enhance the digital experience
- Drive day-to-day priorities of the Engineering team
- Manage optimization of current products through consistent “always on” testing methodology
- Prioritize cross functional needs (e.g. CRM, Acquisition, Marketing) to ladder up to Company OKR's
- Define future product vision and role of owned e-commerce in the broader portfolio
- Leverage UI/UX insights and analytics to balance performance and consumer experience
- Liaise with Creative to ensure brand consistency throughout the digital experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years in a product management role with measurable successes (e.g., conversion, engagement, subscriber, and/or revenue growth)
- Consumer experience is a must, ecommerce experience a strong plus
- Deep customer empathy with orientation towards values
- Highly analytical (proficiency in generating unique, actionable, customer insights through data)
- Proficiency in managing Shopify storefronts and associated apps
- You know how to manage competing priorities with cross functional stakeholders (e.g. Acquisition, Creative, CRM and Marketing) to achieve audacious goals
In 1 Month You Will
- Meet and get to know the your team and all cross-functional teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer experience, growth and retention strategies and product roadmap.
- Understand key reports, KPIs, and analytics tools.
- Become fully integrated in the technology team’s day-to-day functions, including daily stand-ups and weekly prioritization meetings.
- Review past audits on the current state of our conversion and retention funnels and develop a point-of-view on optimization.
- Develop a strong grasp of our tech stack and the Shopify app ecosystem
In 3 Months You Will
- Own and launch large projects from concept to delivery that deliver impact to our business and customers
- Begin to manage the sprint cycle + ticketing process in Asana.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to collect requirements to develop and propose business solutions.
- Be part of the discovery phase to propose solutions comprising domain, technology and process knowledge.
- Analyze data and usage patterns to understand, develop, and articulate business requirements.
- Work closely with developers, designers, stakeholders, QA, and analytics to take ideas from concept to launch.
- Leverage data to report on the performance of product launches.
In 6 Months You Will
- Release updates/enhancements that meaningfully changed the trajectory of major parts of the business
- Own core functional meetings including stand-ups, cross-functional meetings, and retrospectives.
- Become a primary point of contact for cross-functional teams on the day-to-day happenings of the Product & Engineering teams
- Feel comfortable managing multiple projects at a time and execute seamlessly.
- Work closely with the Head of Product to review and iterate on the technology team process.
- Provide recommendations on buy vs. build decisions when evaluating new features and functionality.
- Instill that understanding of “why” across all levels of the organization.
Our Shared Values
- Lead with Intention: Leaders are made not born. Leadership is a practice of intention. And through that intention is how we will ultimately succeed in realizing our mission and vision.
- Embrace Accountability: We are imperfect in our actions, results, and even sometimes our intentions. By making accountability a practice, we destigmatize failure, increase trust with others, and accelerate learning both at the individual and the team level.
- Practice a Growth Mindset: Growth comes at the edge of our comfort zone. We repeatedly place ourselves there by risking failure and embracing the challenges that failure presents us to own our growth and support others in theirs.
- Be You: We want people to show up as they are because that creates a healthier, more dynamic, and effective work environment. Just as much to do with being oneself, it’s everyone’s responsibility to create space for others to be their authentic self as well.
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative, sustainable, life-changing period products. After years of disappointment and discomfort trying dozens of products, Lauren Schulte Wang founded Flex to create body-safe, medical grade alternatives that outperform traditional period products. Flex Disc and Flex Cup generate 60% less waste and have the capacity of up to three super tampons, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people possible, Flex is available at Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and at flexfits.com.
Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, and other protected categories. From our hiring practices to the design of our flagship products, we believe equity and diversity is critical to the ideas, talent, and processes that help us create the most positive impact for our customers and for each other. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply to be a team member at The Flex Company.
We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental and vision health insurance, paid parental leave, cell phone reimbursement, and $1,000 annual wellness and learning credit.