Retail Sales Coordinator
90291, Los Angeles, CA
We’re looking for a Retail Sales Coordinator who is excited to accelerate growth for The Flex Company’s retail business across our portfolio of brands, including FLEX and Softdisc. The ideal candidate has deep experience in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) space and is excited to apply their expertise to a fast-growing, omnichannel brand. You'll work closely with our broker partners, internal operations, and finance teams to facilitate day-to-day retail operations with a notable focus on managing trade deductions and allowances on a rolling basis.
Reporting into the Director of Retail Sales & Marketing, this is a critical role that will support profitable growth for our retail channel. Our teammates are adaptable self-starters and thrive working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with talented people.
- You are a strong cultural fit - this is just as if not more important than the functional fit
- You have national brand CPG retail experience in personal care/health/OTC or related categories, and a thorough understanding of how retail, direct-to-consumer, and Amazon can work together as part of an omnichannel business model
- You're deeply curious about consumers and are motivated to find meaningful ways to connect with them through the retail channel
- You know how to work cross-functionally with sales, accounting, operations, and external partners to get things done
- You are empathetic to the needs of our merchant and broker partners, and understand that we are most successful when working together towards a shared vision
- You are naturally curious and resourceful in your approach to problem-solving, but don’t hesitate to ask for help when you need it
- The Flex Company is an equal opportunity employer, pays competitive salaries, equity & benefits (medical/dental/vision), and provides a $1,000 annual learning credit towards professional development.
OUR SHARED VALUES
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
RESPONSIBILITIES - In 1 month you will:
- Meet our entire team and understand our mission, vision & values
- Get to know our retail customers, performing a deep dive into current retail partnerships and the women’s health category
- Seamlessly navigate relationships across the sales ecosystem including brokers, merchants, and operational partners
- Assist in new item set-up processes for upcoming retail launches
- Support PO management and tracking with operations and broker partners
- Deep dive into the current sales allowances & deductions process, delivering 1-2 quick wins based on prior experience
In 3 months you will:
- Own the sales allowances and deductions tracker, leading monthly reviews with sales and accounting to reconcile accruals, fees, and planned trade spend
- Play a leadership role in improving our retail trade spend/fees management process, suggesting new ideas and improvements to make our process more effective overall
- Adhere to and support flawless execution of brand assets and messaging across all digital retail channels (e.g., target.com, cvs.com, and riteaid.com) while working with cross-functional teams including marketing and creative to deliver on objectives & timelines
- Dive deep into the retail ecommerce landscape with a focus on improving shopper experience including overall brand expression, rich content, depth/breadth of reviews, and effective Q&A
- Support the Director of Retail Sales & Marketing with account management & new retail launches as needed
In 6 months you will:
- Deliver measurable impact to the bottom line for our retail business by closely managing (and reversing, where appropriate) relevant fees & deductions
- Represent The Flex Company and independently lead conversations with relevant external partners, including brokers, merchant/planning teams, and retail marketing agencies (e.g., Bazaarvoice, Roundel)
- Connect the dots across functional areas to identify opportunities to streamline processes, scale retail trade efforts, and elevate our strategic position in the marketplace
REQUIREMENTS - Must haves:
- 2-3 years experience in a retail sales or trade marketing role, specifically within the CPG space (open to retailer and/or direct agency experience as well)
- Experience with a US-based national retail business across multiple channels including Drug, Mass, Grocery, and Specialty (experience with Target, CVS, Kroger, Rite Aid, and Walgreens a plus)
- Supported and worked with retail trade budgets including allowances, deductions, and fees related to scheduled promotions, daily operations (OTIF/shipping, returns, damages), and contractual co-op funding
- Successful track record monitoring, challenging, and ultimately reversing incorrect fee assessments
- Proficiency navigating and maintaining compliance across various retail customer portals (e.g., Target POL/CNA, Walgreens Supplier Net, Kroger Supplier Hub)
- Strong written, verbal, and project management skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
What will set you apart:
- Demonstrated ability to uncover and successfully deliver bottom line savings related to retail deductions and fees
- Direct category experience in women’s health, feminine care, sanitary protection, feminine hygiene or personal care
- Expertise in customer onboarding and new item set-up process including manual submissions and centralized online databases (e.g., 1WorldSync, Label Insight)
- Understanding of the retail sales cycle and ability to anticipate internal and customer needs at each step of the sell-in process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth start-up
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company creates innovative period products that are better for our health and the environment. The Flex Company is known for its patented products FLEX™ Disc, FLEX Cup™, Softdisc® and Softcup®, which are sold online and in major retailers throughout the United States.
Based in Venice, California, The Flex Company is the sole manufacturer of its products, which are designed and produced in United States and Canada.
Led by founder & CEO Lauren Schulte Wang, our team is working to create life-changing experiences through the products we make and conversations we spark. Learn more at flexfits.com.