Customer Service Agent
Do you love helping people? Are you a problem-solver who won’t quit until the job is done? Do you find customer research way more interesting than your newsfeed? Then we have the perfect role for you!
The Flex Company is seeking a highly capable and compassionate individual to join our Customer Experience team. Customer Service Agents are critical to The Flex Company’s mission of creating positive experiences through better products and information because you will serve as the first point of contact with our customers.
Day to day, you will answer questions, build and maintain trust, and be a passionate advocate for our customers. Strategically, you will be analytical about customer trends and contribute to the long-term goals of customer success and retention. The ideal candidate will have customer-facing experience (preferably with a start-up or similarly small firm) and demonstrate a deep understanding of what it takes to keep FLEX customers delighted.
Our New Teammate:
- You are a proactive communicator who knows how to listen actively
- You are highly empathetic and have a deep passion for helping people
- You are independent and curious in the workplace--you don’t wait for assignments and are always looking for ways to to stay engaged
- You love thinking of solution-oriented ideas based on data or consumer insights
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment on a small team
- You want experience in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous work environment
In This Role You Will:
- Engage with FLEX customers to understand their questions and deliver total satisfaction
- Case queue management which includes emails, phone, and chat
- Deliver timely, accurate and professional support to all FLEX customers
- Research and review customer issues with other departments to uncover effective solutions
- Utilize proper documentation of all customer communications via our internal tools
- Collaborate with Customer Experience Supervisor to discover trends in customer interactions to share with other teams
- Conduct customer research interviews to uncover key benefits or issues
- Minimum 1 year experience in a support environment or customer-facing role at a consumer-centric organization (ideally an e-commerce company or startup)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal communication
- Computer proficient (having experience with Zendesk is a plus!)
- Passionate about educating people about anatomy, reproductive health, and wellness
EXPERIENCE UNPARALLELED LEARNING & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- We started FLEX because we wanted to create an environment where employees will thrive on our team, building a dream together
- You’ll join a diverse (gender, ethnicity), fun, senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in technology, healthcare, consumer products, and enterprise software across multiple functions
AMAZING LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT
- We are located in Venice Beach, CA
- Weekly happy hours
- Lunch & learns with top venture capitalists, marketers, founders/entrepreneurs, and other luminaries in the technology world
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company's mission is to create life-changing, body positive experiences through the products we make and the conversations we spark.
Our vision is to reimagine and deliver life-changing period products everywhere. Our first product is the menstrual disc™ -- the most substantial innovation in period products in nearly a century. Menstrual discs offer 12 hours of leak-free period protection and can be worn during intercourse.
Today women in more than 40 countries use our patented menstrual disc products, FLEX and Softcup. Over 250 million discs have been sold worldwide. FLEX is sold online, direct-to-consumer through a subscription service. Softcup is sold in all major drugstore retailers in the U.S.
Founded in 2015, The Flex Company is in Venice Beach, California, and backed by Amplify.LA and Y Combinator.
We are well capitalized, growing rapidly (customers and team), and have strong cash flow.