Project Manager, Product Development
Venice, CA / Remote /
Product & Supply Chain /
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative and sustainable period products and our mission is to create industry-defining products and services that set a new global standard for period health.
Six years ago we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our new product has been quickly embraced by consumers everywhere. The Flex Disc™and Flex Cup™ generate 60% less waste than tampons and pads and can be worn for up to 12 hours, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex began as a digitally native brand with a single product, and has been at the forefront of building out a new category of products sold online and in national retailers such as Target, CVS, Walgreens and Walmart.
Now Flex is seeking a talented, full-time Project Manager to join our product development team. Reporting directly to our Senior Product Development Manager, this person will help drive the project planning, scheduling, and execution for multiple projects working cross-functionally across the company. The overarching mandate will be to help our Product Development team increase its speed-to-market efforts by driving efficiencies across team and companywide processes.
This role will be highly cross-functional and need to collaborate regularly with our Creative, Regulatory, Supply Chain and Legal functions.
If you are highly organized and passionate about bringing life-changing products to market, this is an excellent opportunity.
- Capable of leading project management functions with multiple inputs and dependencies
- Live for continuous optimization, ruthlessly prioritize to increase our speed to market for products
- Best in class project management to increase transparency within complex decisions
- Skilled problem-solver who thinks outside the box and is comfortable operating with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration
- A bias towards customer centricity, leading with curiosity and empathy to address real needs and pain points
- Support Product Development team in driving day-to-day efficiencies for all open projects cross-functionally
- Manage the "Go-to-Market" process for packaging improvements/adjustments, and existing product change projects
- Lead the Go-to-Market meeting, presenting relevant updates, sharing out dependencies, managing timelines and expectations, or citing blockers to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure cross-functional stakeholders are aware of time-sensitive deadlines and incorporate any implications/feedback into product development timelines
- Manage and optimize Supply Chain and Regulatory documentation processes, ensuring compliance with any FDA regulations and document control/SOP's
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within the organization
- Drive collaboration with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines
- Optimize our stage-gate process and provide strong project management oversight to guide the execution at each stage.
- Keep the team aware of the yearly calendar to make sure the PD team stays on track with major milestones
- Manage the line review sample making process by working closely with the retail team to understand timelines and needs
- Act as an expert within the period health category and an advocate for current and potential users
- Minimum of two years of Project Management Minimum of 4 years total work experience
- Strong follow-up and management skills required to hit tight deadlines
- Team player, ability to engage on all levels of the organization
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) products
- Omnichannel, CPG, and health and wellness knowledge
- Startup experience
In 1 month, you will:
- Have 1:1 meetings with creative, marketing, regulatory, legal and supply chain partners to understand how you will work together
- Quickly gain an understanding of our product offering, customer personas and omni channel business
- Learn how to use our internal packaging change process
- Understand our part number and EQMS documentation system
- Get up to speed on all in-progress product development projects as well as new ones for upcoming years
- Learn about our existing manufacturer and vendor base
In 3 months:
- Create team tasks on our project management platform for all packaging revisions
- Track all changes needed for revisions and work closely with Creative to make sure they are translated into packaging files
- Manage the internal Flex approval process for packaging component revisions and translate feedback into actionable changes for Creative
- Work closely with supply partners to streamline proofing and artwork approval process
- Partner with supply partners to understand the reorder schedule for all packaging components
- Manage proofing of revisions for artwork before being sent to production
- Own the GTM weekly meeting by updating weekly slides, presenting them to the cross functional team, and sending recaps
- Work to understand and capture an efficient process for each type of product development project in a Gantt chart
- Request a manufacturing drawing change from our contractor and bring it successfully through our document control process
In 6 months:
- Finalize an updated Gantt chart style tracking system for every type of product and implement the process within the Product Development team
- Start planning the next round of packaging improvements for 6 months out from first packaging improvement implementation
- Assist supply partners in making the proper reorder cadence more efficient based on future packaging improvements plans
- Help the supply chain to source and implement manufacturing related packaging improvements
- Ensure Product Development roadmap remains on track for critical deadlines and delivery dates (e.g. the selection and finalization of products for future year launches)
Our Shared Values
- Lead with Intention: Leaders are made not born. Leadership is a practice of intention. And through that intention is how we will ultimately succeed in realizing our mission and vision.
- Embrace Accountability: We are imperfect in our actions, results, and even sometimes our intentions. By making accountability a practice, we destigmatize failure, increase trust with others, and accelerate learning both at the individual and the team level.
- Practice a Growth Mindset: Growth comes at the edge of our comfort zone. We repeatedly place ourselves there by risking failure and embracing the challenges that failure presents us to own our growth and support others in theirs.
- Be You: We want people to show up as they are because that creates a healthier, more dynamic, and effective work environment. Just as much to do with being oneself, it’s everyone’s responsibility to create space for others to be their authentic self as well.
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative, sustainable, life-changing period products. After years of disappointment and discomfort trying dozens of products, Lauren Schulte Wang founded Flex to create body-safe, medical grade alternatives that outperform traditional period products. Flex Disc and Flex Cup generate 60% less waste and have the capacity of up to three super tampons, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people possible, Flex is available at Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and at flexfits.com.
Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, and other protected categories. From our hiring practices to the design of our flagship products, we believe equity and diversity is critical to the ideas, talent, and processes that help us create the most positive impact for our customers and for each other. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply to be a team member at The Flex Company.
We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental and vision health insurance, paid parental leave, cell phone reimbursement, and $1,000 annual wellness and learning credit.