Marketing Communications Internship
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company is the leader in innovation for feminine care, and the sole maker of menstrual discs™. Menstrual discs are the first product innovation in feminine hygiene in nearly a century and offer 12 hours of leak-free period protection (and mess-free period sex).
Today women in more than 40 countries use our patented menstrual disc products, FLEX and Softcup. Over 250 million discs have been sold worldwide.Founded in 2015, we're located in Venice Beach, California, and backed by Amplify.LA and Y Combinator.
We are well capitalized, growing rapidly (customers and team), and have strong cash flow.
This is a 10 week paid position that will bring deep exposure to The Flex Company's marketing, customer success, product and operations functions.
You will work directly with the co-founders and have the same access and potential for impact as all other team members. You will have tangible deliverables that will help make an immediate impact for us.
Our three co-founders started their careers as interns, and their experiences shape our desire to make this internship role meaningful and impactful for both the candidate and our company.
EXAMPLE SUMMER PROJECTS
- Public relations
- Social media & content marketing
- Email marketing
- In-person events
- Offline marketing and advertising
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills (please send a writing sample with your application)
- Flexible - you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where the ability to learn quickly is the #1 determinant of success
- Practical and analytical problem solver: you use data to drive decisions and you figure out workarounds for obstacles
- Grit: You’re a determined, hands-on doer for whom no job is too big or too small with a positive attitude
- A balance of creative and analytical skills
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT FLEX
- Work directly with co-founders and CEO
- Based in Venice Beach
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- A transparent culture of learning and feedback
- Strong emphasis on inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Paid (Summer stipend)
- 1-2 years of working experience (retail, restaurant, volunteer work, entrepreneurship, internships, sports, theater, club, extracurricular leadership activities all count)
- Leadership experience in student government, school club, sports team, or other extracurricular activity is NOT REQUIRED but a huge plus