We’re looking for a hands-on Motion Designer who is a Jack or Jill of all trades. Our new teammate can shoot, edit, and animate. With an academic and/or strong professional background in video production and technical acumen (e.g., After Effects, Final Cut, etc.), you will be a critical part of The Flex Company’s growth by delivering captivating video content that educates, entertains, and drives revenue growth.
This is a highly-visible role that will report to the Creative Director, and will own the creation and deployment of several critical marketing asset categories across both paid (e.g., social media marketing) and owned (e.g., website, organic social) channels.
As you begin to scale up your production of creative assets, you will be expected to develop creative ways (e.g., through automation or outsourcing) of lower level tasks so that you can continue to focus on strategy and innovation with your craft.
**Please submit a portfolio that includes detailed examples of your design work ***
- You are a strong cultural fit - this is just as if not more important than the functional fit
- You have demonstrated success in a high-volume production environment through excellent asset & project management, hitting deadlines, and creating assets and campaigns that drive company growth
- You know how to work cross-functionally with creative, growth, and brand marketing to accomplish audacious goals
- You are deeply empathetic to the needs of our customers
- The Flex Company is an equal opportunity employer
- We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, & vision and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally
OUR SHARED VALUES
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
RESPONSIBILITIES - IN 1 MONTH YOU WILL:
- Have a strong understanding of company mission, vision, and values
- Have a deep understanding of brand direction, and design responsibilities
- Work within various video formats and platforms (IG, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.)
- Assist Creative Director in setting up photo studio and acquisition of necessary equipment for daily video shoot and production
- Accustom to the speed of daily video production for web and mobile
- Created several customer-facing assets
- Have strong point of view on company’s future brand and marketing strategy
- Consistently collaborate and execute against social media and marketing teams’ needs to solve daily video graphics needs
- Maintain reliable and impeccable files organization for ease of collaboration
- Design and animate creative solutions to enhance our content through a strategic lens and the needs of the individual asset/goal
- Be self-managing and organize a daily to do list and understand/execute priorities
- Along with Creative Director, own all aspects of animation and motion graphics from conception to completion
- Develop systems and processes that scale your own production capacity including but not limited to: automation tools or processes, sourcing and managing part-time contractors for repetitive design needs
- Be seen as a creative leader within The Flex Company
- 2+ years relevant experience, ideally for a consumer brand
- Worked in cross-functional, high volume production environment
- Expertise in Adobe Suite including AfterEffects
- Video-editing tools including Final Cut, Premier
- Working knowledge of productivity tools (e.g., MS Office, Slack, Gsuite, Dropbox, Asana)
- Experience working for a high-growth start-up a huge plus
- This is a full-time role for our Venice, California office (no remote work)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
INTERVIEW & HIRING PROCESS
- Screening: We review all applications received through our website.
- Thoughtful cover letters encouraged
- 1st Round: 30-45 minute video call
- 2nd Round: On-site case interview with hiring manager + others as required
- 3rd / Final Round (as required): On-site interview with multiple members of our team
- Reference checks
- The typical timeline from final round interview to an offer decision one to two weeks
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company creates innovative period products that are better for our health and the environment. The Flex Company is known for its patented products FLEX™ Disc, FLEX Cup™, Softdisc® and Softcup®, which are sold online and in major retailers throughout the United States.
Based in Venice, California, The Flex Company is the sole manufacturer of its products, which are designed and produced in United States and Canada.
Led by founder & CEO Lauren Schulte Wang, our team is working to create life-changing experiences through the products we make and conversations we spark. Learn more at flexfits.com.