Do you have a knack for creating incisive and funny content? Do you ravenously read both news and pop culture? Do you find yourself lying awake at night with ideas for videos? Then we have a perfect role for you.
The Flex Company is seeking a prolific Senior Editor to develop and execute a multimedia content strategy. In this role, you'll gain a deep understanding of our customers and create content that will inspire them. You will also be responsible for spreading your content through social media and to our customers. This is a unique opportunity to create content and be the voice of The Flex Company online and in our printed magazine. This role starts as an individual contributor and a successful leader will have a path toward building and growing their own team as we scale.
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company is the leader in innovation for feminine care, and the sole maker of menstrual discs™. Menstrual discs are the first product innovation in feminine hygiene in nearly a century and offer 12 hours of leak-free period protection (and mess-free period sex).
Today women in more than 40 countries use our patented menstrual disc products, FLEX and Softcup. Over 250 million discs have been sold worldwide.
Founded in 2015, we're located in Venice Beach, California, and backed by Amplify.LA and Y Combinator.
We are well capitalized, growing rapidly (customers and team), and have strong cash flow. Get in at the ground-level of one of LA's hottest new startups.
In this role you will:
- Manage the creation and production of our quarterly print magazine, The Fixx
- Write blogs and produce award-winning videos to attract site visitors and build brand loyalty
- Create and manage a multimedia editorial calendar
- Grow, engage and retain our social media followers to help convert them into customers and active ambassadors of our company
- Lead cross-functionally (marketing, design, product) to achieve goals
- At least two years of proven experience in similar role(s) at a publication or high-growth consumer brand
- An impressive portfolio of content that you’ve created
- Highly creative with a great sense of humor
- Experience overseeing project management of creative assets
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but are also process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media
- Willingness to learn and to teach
- BA/BS degree in journalism, PR, film, marketing, or equivalent working experience
Experience Unparalleled Learning & Culture
- We started FLEX because we wanted to create an environment where employees will thrive on our team, building a dream together
- You’ll join a diverse (gender, ethnicity), fun, senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in technology, healthcare, consumer products, and enterprise software across multiple functions
Amazing Location & Environment
- We are located in Venice Beach, CA
- Weekly happy hours
- Lunch & learns with top venture capitalists, marketers, founders/entrepreneurs, and other luminaries in the technology world