Director of Sales
We’re seeking a dynamic sales leader who will deliver on our Company's annual revenue and profitability goals across all offline channels, including mass, drug, grocery and specialty. In this role, you will identify and sell into new points of distribution for any offline channel AND develop strategy improve profitability and productivity across all existing retail partners.
You will also manage trade funds and partner with marketing to develop strategic plans for shelving, merchandising and pricing. This role will manage 1 FTE (a Sales Manager) to start. A successful leader will recruit and build their own team. Must be available to travel at least 50%.
In This Role You Will:
- Develop and execute annual offline sales strategy aligned with Company revenue and profitability targets
- Identify and close new points of distribution for our full product line
- Improve profitability and productivity within existing sales channels
- Develop quarterly trade plans for each customer and execute those plans through our brokers
- Partner with Category Managers and brokers to come up with category findings, new item-sell ins, planogram recommendations, item recommendation, and distribution opportunities at new retail partners
- Partner with Finance to develop accurate and timely forecasts for volume, revenue, spending and profitability
- Leverage syndicated data (IRI, SPINS, Nielsen) to measure success, conduct competitive analysis, and identify opportunities for growth
- Conduct ROI analysis of retail promotions to understand promotional volume, lift, and spend result vs. plan
- Partner with VP of Ecommerce to identify merchandising strategy in alignment with our Direct to Consumer / online growth and retention goals
- Provide recommendations to R&D team for competitive new product offerings
- 7+ years of sales experience within the CPG industry, ideally in competitive product categories
- Proven track record of driving new distribution and profitable sales growth
- Experience managing retail brokers
- Highly creative, analytical and strategic
- Stellar presentation skills
- Experience recruiting and managing a high-performing sales team
- Great sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Relocation reimbursement available within the U.S.
Our New Teammate:
- Is passionate and curious about our customers
- Wants their work to have an outsized, measurable impact
- Enjoys working with little direction
- Is naturally curious and unafraid of taking risks
- Wants to be involved in the growth of the company
- Practices radical candor
Our New Teammate Is NOT:
- Someone who waits for direction in order to take action
- Looking for a caricatured culture reminiscent of HBO’s Silicon Valley
- Looking for a lifestyle job
- Rigid in applying past frameworks and solutions to new/bespoke problems
- More interested in titles than responsibilities
The Flex Company creates innovative products that are better for women's health and the environment. The Company is known for its differentiated period products, including its namesake FLEX menstrual disc, Softdisc®, and the FLEX Cup™.
The Flex Company is based in Venice, California, and exclusively manufactures its patented products in the United States and in Canada. Its products are sold online and through major retailers in the United States.
Led by founder & CEO, Lauren Schulte Wang, The Flex Company believes that everyone is unique and is working to create a world where every woman loves her body. Learn more at flexfits.com.