Director of Acquisition
Growth & Sales
Three years ago we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our creation was quickly embraced by consumers everywhere as “life-changing.” Since that time we’ve rapidly grown our business. FLEX started as a digitally native brand with one product, and quickly grew to a family of period products sold in top national retailers including Target and CVS.
The combination of stellar product-market fit and our team’s obsession with our customers has delivered hockey stick growth across all of our sales channels.
Now we are looking for a Director of Acquisition to lead our performance marketing efforts and make our products mainstream. This role reports to the VP of Ecommerce and is responsible for managing all of our performance marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience in performance marketing in a high-growth environment and has scaled budgets over $500k/month. They have specifically spent a few years as an individual contributor, managing ad buying on the Google platform (Adwords, Youtube), but have also managed a small team and been an outstanding people leader. They have a deep understanding of the different growth marketing levers, and can be a strong partner to product, brand, finance, and analytics teams.
- You will manage all our performance marketing efforts, including budget and allocation across channels
- You’ve got a track record of scaling acquisition budgets >$500k/month, and are particularly strong with the Google Ads platform (Adwords and/or Youtube)
- You are a strong cultural fit - this is just as if not more important than the functional fit
- You are deeply empathetic to the needs of our customers
- The Flex Company is an equal opportunity employer
- We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, & vision and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally
Our shared values
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
- 7+ years of experience in a growth/performance marketing role, with 3+ years managing Google platform
- Experience scaling media budgets >$500k/mo
- Strong manager and people leader with a track record of developing people
- Stellar communicator. Strong presentation and teaching skills
- Deep curiosity and empathy towards our customers
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks, able to learn and adapt
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
In 1 Month You Will
- Build relationships with your team and cross-functionally
- Develop a deep understanding of our omni-channel business
- Create your 30/60/90 day plan and have achieved your 30 day results
- Review and oversee KPIs and dashboards as necessary
- Identify gaps on team and initiate hiring plan
In 3 Months You Will
- Manage performance marketing budget
- Determine allocation of spend across all channels as well as testing/validation of new channels and campaigns within channels
- Partner with creative team and demonstrated meaningful improvement in performance
- Create a new standard for data-driven decision-making with your team
- Be a strong thought partner to Finance and Product teams in forecasting and building roadmaps
In 6 Months You Will
- Built a high-performance team that can maintain the hockey stick growth
- Identify a roadmap for continued scaling of acquisition into 2021
- Set a new bar for the embodiment of our values: Choose Love Over Fear, Have a Growth Mindset, Optimize for Trust, and Be You
- Develop and mentor your direct reports and accelerated their career growth
- Serve as a thought leader in the organization for all things related to performance marketing
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company creates innovative period products that are better for our health and the environment. The Flex Company is known for its patented products FLEX™ Disc, FLEX Cup™, Softdisc® and Softcup®, which are sold online and in major retailers throughout the United States.
Based in Venice, California, The Flex Company is the sole manufacturer of its products, which are designed and produced in United States and Canada.
Led by founder & CEO Lauren Schulte Wang, our team is working to create life-changing experiences through the products we make and conversations we spark. Learn more at flexfits.com.