The Flex Company is seeking an Operations Manager to manage both our supply chain and logistics functions. In this role, you’ll oversee everything within Cost of Goods Sold, including inventory procurement, management of our third party logistics partner and monitoring of our shipping carriers. The goal of this role will be to improve Gross Margin in every way possible.
We have proven product-market fit, and are looking for a leader who is motivated by the idea of delivering excellence across all parts of our supply chain. This role starts as an individual contributor and a successful leader will have a path toward building and growing their own team as we scale.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute strategy for improving product margin and lifetime customer value
- Manage appropriate inventory levels across multiple warehouse locations
- Source new products from suppliers
- Write RFPs for new vendors and lead the vendor qualification and selection process
- Create new reporting tools and metrics within the Operations team
- Report directly to the COO and work closely with the CEO and founding team
- At least two years of proven experience in similar role(s) at a high-growth company, preferably in consumer products
- Highly analytical (highly proficient within Excel and other analytical tools) and adept at storytelling using data
- Proven track record in vendor selection and management
- Experience influencing cross-functionally
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
- A deep level of curiosity about customers
- A great sense of humor
- Willingness to learn and teach
Experience Unparalleled Learning & Work Environment:
- We started FLEX because we wanted to create an environment where employees will thrive on our team, building a dream together
- You’ll join a diverse, fun, senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in technology, healthcare, consumer products, and enterprise software across multiple functions
- Get in at the ground-level of one of LA’s hottest new startups
Great Benefits & Environment
- This is a full-time role that offers competitive pay and benefits
- Top health care coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave
- We are located in Venice Beach, CA
- Regular happy hoursLunch & learns with top venture capitalists, marketers, founders/entrepreneurs, and other luminaries in the technology world
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company's mission is to create life-changing, body positive experiences through the products we make and the conversations we spark.
We manufacture and sell menstrual discs™, the most substantial innovation in period products in nearly a century. Menstrual discs offer 12 hours of leak-free period protection and can be worn during intercourse.
Today women in five countries use our patented products, FLEX and Softcup. FLEX is sold online, direct-to-consumer through a subscription service. Softcup is sold in all major drugstore retailers in the U.S.
Founded in 2015, The Flex Company is in Venice Beach, California, and backed by Amplify.LA and Y Combinator.
The Flex Company is female founded, owned and led. We're working to create a world where every woman loves her body. Learn more at flexfits.com.