We’re looking for a copywriter who can connect with our customers through multiple channels. Our new teammate can write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
You are comfortable with the full spectrum of copy writing from print, digital, emails, ads, video scripts, blogs, social media, and longer form content.
We work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick turn-arounds, so being organized and flexible is critical for success in this position. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with flexible creative brief formats (written, verbal) and will thrive in a collaborative environment, consistently incorporating data (including SEO/SEM) to make strategic marketing and copywriting decisions.
The Copywriter is a critical part of The Flex Company’s growth by delivering original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication with our customer base.
This is a highly-visible role that will report to the Creative Director, and will own the creation and deployment of several critical marketing asset categories across both paid (e.g., social media marketing) and owned (e.g., website, organic social) channels.
- You are a strong cultural fit - this is just as if not more important than the functional fit
- You have demonstrated success in a high-volume production environment through excellent asset & project management, hitting deadlines, and creating assets that drive company growth
- You know how to work cross-functionally with creative, growth, and marketing to accomplish audacious goals
- You are deeply empathetic to the needs of our customers
- The Flex Company is an equal opportunity employer
- We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, & vision and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally
Our Shared Values
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
RESPONSIBILITIES - In 1 Month You Will:
- Demonstrate strong understanding of company mission, vision, and values
- Have a strong understanding of brand direction, and copy responsibilities
- Understanding different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Developing and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Customer Service to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Write high-engagement social media content that reflects our brand’s voice, with exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms
In 3 Months:
- Have strong point of view of company’s future brand, marketing strategy
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate within a team environment
- Conceptualize and write copy to illustrate, support and reinforce the values of the FLEX brand
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with designers to define and produce creative solutions
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to the Creative Director and cross-functional leaders
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s brand guidelines
- Evaluate current state of brand TOV/messaging and develop clear POV on future brand messaging principles that will resonate with our consumer and meaningfully differentiate FLEX from competition
In 6 Months:
- Build out distinctive brand TOV/messaging principles and demonstrate how they come to life across relevant platforms
- Ensure a high level of creativity in all work produced and delivered and ensures quality of work and brand voice is consistent, cohesive and meets marketing, sales, product development and strategic business objectives
- Develop systems and processes that scale your own production capacity including but not limited to: video script writing, ad concepts, and long form writing
- Be seen as a creative leader within The Flex Company that your creative team and others (e.g., Marketing) can rely on at all times
- 2+ years relevant experience, ideally for a consumer brand
- Worked in cross-functional, high volume production environment
- Strong working knowledge of productivity tools (e.g., MS Office, Slack, Gsuite, Dropbox, Asana)
- Experience working for a high-growth start-up a huge plus
- This is a full-time role for our Venice, California office (no remote work)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company creates innovative period products that are better for our health and the environment. The Flex Company is known for its patented products FLEX™ Disc, FLEX Cup™, Softdisc® and Softcup®, which are sold online and in major retailers throughout the United States.
Based in Venice, California, The Flex Company is the sole manufacturer of its products, which are designed and produced in United States and Canada.
Led by founder & CEO Lauren Schulte Wang, our team is working to create life-changing experiences through the products we make and conversations we spark. Learn more at flexfits.com.