Brand Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a brand manager who is excited to accelerate FLEX growth into a globally recognized brand.
The ideal candidate has deep experience in the CPG world and is excited to apply their expertise to a fast-growing, omnichannel brand. You'll work closely with our creative team on developing assets across channels, while playing a pivotal role in driving customer research in insights to add to our momentum.
This is a highly-visible role that will report to the Director of Marketing. Our teammates are adaptable self-starters and thrive working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with talented people.
- You are a strong cultural fit - this is just as if not more important than the functional fit
- You have strong CPG brand management experience, and a thorough understanding of both retail sales and the direct-to-consumer model
- You're deeply curious about our customers, and have a track record of uncovering and distilling important customer insights
- You know how to work cross-functionally with creative, growth, and customer success to get things done
- You care deeply empathetic to the needs of our customers
- The Flex Company is an equal opportunity employer
- We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, & vision and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally
Our Shared Values
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
RESPONSIBILITIES - In 1 Month You Will:
- Get to know our entire team and deeply understand our mission, vision & values
- Get to know our customers, performing a deep dive into all our customer and market insights
- Understand & internalize FLEX brand voice and its nuances across channels (e.g., email vs. blog vs. flagship site)
- Assist in developing creative briefs for team
- Adhere to and support execution of FLEX’s distinctive assets across all marketing communication channels (e.g., social, blog, email)
In 3 Months
- Plan and lead execution of creative briefs, ensuring flawless execution and serving as the creative team's primary point-of-contact from the marketing team
- Play a leadership role in Flex Labs, our in-depth focus groups (15-20 consumers per session) where we are able to dive deeper into consumer perspectives and feedback on the entire period experience
- Dive deep into the competitive landscape and perform an onmichannel competitive audit, taking a point of view on opportunities for FLEX
- Support the Director of Marketing with in sales operations and managing key retail partnerships including retail and .com channels
In 6 Months
- Craft and execute both quantitative and qualitative research studies including, but not limited to: brand awareness, consumer panels, and concept testing
- Represent FLEX and independently lead conversations with relevant outside partners, including brand partners, talent, contractors, and vendors
- Connect the dots across functional areas to identify opportunities to streamline process, unify brand voice/expression, and elevate our strategic position in the marketplace
- 5+ years experience in a brand marketing role, specifically within the CPG space
- Experience profitably growing a brand across DTC and retail channels
- Have owned brand and product marketing strategy development, planning, and execution
- Expertise in creative asset management including project management, budget, and timelines
- Successful track record as brand guardian to ensure flawless execution of distinctive assets across packaging, ads, digital product, marketing collateral, and more
- Expertise structuring and facilitating focus group style research with comfort analyzing and sharing out results to cross-functional teams and leadership
- Expertise analyzing and codifying syndicated data and consumer research
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in sourcing, recruiting, negotiating contracts, and managing outside vendors & partners (e.g., talent, brand partners, contractors)
- Omnichannel marketing experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
INTERVIEW & HIRING PROCESS
- Screening: We review all applications received through our website.
- Thoughtful cover letters encouraged
- 1st Round: 30-45 minute video call
- 2nd Round: On-site case interview with hiring manager + others as required
- 3rd / Final Round (as required): On-site interview with multiple members of our team
- Reference checks
- The typical timeline from final round interview to an offer decision one to two weeks
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company creates innovative period products that are better for our health and the environment. The Flex Company is known for its patented products FLEX™ Disc, FLEX Cup™, Softdisc® and Softcup®, which are sold online and in major retailers throughout the United States.
Based in Venice, California, The Flex Company is the sole manufacturer of its products, which are designed and produced in United States and Canada.
Led by founder & CEO Lauren Schulte Wang, our team is working to create life-changing experiences through the products we make and conversations we spark. Learn more at flexfits.com.