Senior Software Engineer
*Please include a cover letter :)*
We’re seeking a talented senior engineer to join our team to help our technology grow as quickly as our revenue by diving into our e-commerce subscription platform, and building a best-in-class technology stack.
The ideal candidate will be able to work across both our frontend and backend systems to own and solve technical challenges swiftly and effectively for a high-growth subscription service. You will work on mission critical internal and external features, which include analytics with complex subscription and marketing data, beautiful customer-facing interfaces on our e-commerce website and business logic for managing subscriptions and delivery. As part of a lean team, you will touch manufacturing and supply chain, growth, and digital product by working with cross-functional teams.
You will be expected to hire and grow a team of engineers as our needs require it in order to support our growth.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead the development of well documented, scalable code
- Collaborate with senior management, product and design teams to spec, design, and implement features that wow our users
- Conduct product specing and sprint planning to ensure that we consistently ship every day, week and month
- Bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role in defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and logistics software
- Work tirelessly to analyze and improve the speed & stability of our website
- Develop ways to capture, analyze, and act upon data to improve our user experience and workflow
- Help tell the story of The Flex Company through a beautiful web experience
- 5+ years (or equivalent) of web application and engineering experience.
- Ecommerce experience is a strong individual contributor but also seeking opportunities to grow into a mentor / manager
- Wealth of experience working in small, agile teams, especially with people outside of engineering.
- Practical and understands the tradeoffs in making technical and architectural decisions.
- More interested in business challenges and great customer experience than simply solving the toughest technical challenge that s/he sees
EXPERIENCE UNPARALLELED LEARNING & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- We started FLEX because we wanted to create an environment where employees will thrive on our team, building a dream together
- You’ll join a diverse (gender, ethnicity), fun, senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in technology, healthcare, consumer products, and enterprise software across multiple functions
- We're dedicated to personal and professional development: we offer $1000/yr learning credits, informal and formal trainings, and operate using a "growth mindset" to management
- We give specific and timely positive and constructive feedback, and our managers are trained to be both recipient and deliverer of this feedback
- Competitive total compensation (salary, benefits, equity)
AMAZING LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT
- We are located in Venice Beach, CA
- Weekly happy hours
- Lunch & learns with top venture capitalists, marketers, founders/entrepreneurs, and other luminaries in the technology world
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company's mission is to create life-changing, body positive experiences through the products we make and the conversations we spark.
Our vision is to reimagine and deliver life-changing period products everywhere. Our first product is the menstrual disc™ -- the most substantial innovation in period products in nearly a century. Menstrual discs offer 12 hours of leak-free period protection and can be worn during intercourse.
Today women in more than 40 countries use our patented menstrual disc products, FLEX and Softcup. Over 250 million discs have been sold worldwide. FLEX is sold online, direct-to-consumer through a subscription service. Softcup is sold in all major drugstore retailers in the U.S.
Founded in 2015, The Flex Company is in Venice Beach, California, and backed by Amplify.LA and Y Combinator.
We are well capitalized, growing rapidly (customers and team), and have strong cash flow.