Content Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a hands-on creative content strategist to help us build a global brand. We’re already well on our way.
The ideal candidate is a great writer, is a proficient project manager, and has fluency in metrics and reporting/quantitative tools (e.g., Excel, Google Analytics).
You are constantly thinking of creative campaigns/video content/social content/GIFs/stories. You aren't afraid to bring new ideas to the table. You follow up-and-coming consumer brands closely, and have a pulse on influencers and social media & content trends.
This is a highly-visible role that will report to the Director of Marketing, and will own several critical marketing channels, specifically many of our organic / owned channels.
- You are a strong cultural fit - this is just as if not more important than the functional fit
- You have demonstrated success in building a brand through organic & content marketing from strategy to execution (e.g., writing & omnichannel distribution)
- You know how to work cross-functionally with creative, growth, brand marketing, and customer success to get things done
- You care deeply empathetic to the needs of our customers
- The Flex Company is an equal opportunity employer
- We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental, & vision and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally
Our Shared Values
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
RESPONSIBILITIES - In 1 Month You Will:
- Get to know our entire team and deeply understand our mission, vision & values
- Understand & internalize FLEX brand voice and its nuances across channels (e.g., email vs. blog vs. flagship site)
- Write creative briefs for external partners
- Adhere to and support execution of FLEX’s distinctive assets across all marketing communication channels (e.g., social, blog, email)
In 3 Months
- Identify new opportunities for organic growth & partnerships
- Plan and lead execution of social media/blog/email/pr copywriting
- Own/manage all relevant social media & content sharing platforms
- Own content calendar including strategy, execution, distribution, and reporting (the latter in conjunction with internal data/analytics resources)
In 6 Months
- Build out "always on" and seasonal/campaign-driven content strategy
- Execute new plans for organic growth via content marketing & partnerships
- Demonstrate measurable brand awareness
- Deliver against organic growth goals/OKRs & organic growth goals
- 3+ years experience specifically in a content marketing role growing awareness for a consumer brand
- Have owned content/communications strategy development, planning, and execution
- Expertise in developing an SEO strategy & accountability in leading execution (e.g., working with an SEO specialist/contractor for execution)
- Proficiency in sourcing, recruiting, negotiating contracts, and managing outside vendors & partners (e.g., copywriters, influencers/microinfluencers, brand partners)
- Omnichannel marketing experience
- Brand marketing copywriting (e.g., blog, email, social, headlines, packaging, etc.)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
INTERVIEW & HIRING PROCESS
- Screening: We review all applications received through our website.
- Thoughtful cover letters encouraged
- 1st Round: 30-45 minute video call
- 2nd Round: On-site case interview with hiring manager + others as required
- 3rd / Final Round (as required): On-site interview with multiple members of our team
- Reference checks
- The typical timeline from final round interview to an offer decision one to two weeks
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company creates innovative period products that are better for our health and the environment. The Flex Company is known for its patented products FLEX™ Disc, FLEX Cup™, Softdisc® and Softcup®, which are sold online and in major retailers throughout the United States.
Based in Venice, California, The Flex Company is the sole manufacturer of its products, which are designed and produced in United States and Canada.
Led by founder & CEO Lauren Schulte Wang, our team is working to create life-changing experiences through the products we make and conversations we spark. Learn more at flexfits.com.